Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
12:49 AM
Screenshot from 2021-09-22 12-44-28.png

Address: 4149 3rd Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90008, US
Phone / Text: (323) 359-9680

Products: Custom Motorized Bicycle Builds, In Frame Tanks, Seat Post Tanks, Sealed Tank Frames, Laid Back Seat Post Tank, Gas Tank Seats, 2 Stroke Motor Mounts, 4 Stroke Motor Mounts, Dual Disc Front Hub, 4 Stroke Rear Hub, Custom Exhausts, 212 Predator Head Upgrade, 4 Stroke Clutch Cover, Weld On Bung

Last edited:
My opinion of James at ghettobike has drastically changed since dealing with the lying sack of sh*t. I ordered a set of wheels at the end of October of last year. Because I live in Canada I called James before ordering to make sure that he would ship to Canada and he answered his phone right away and gave me all the answers I was looking for. I didn't bug him til January to see how progress was going and didn't get any response from him. Finally in February I got a hold of him and he tells me that my wheels are finished and that I need to pay extra shipping to have them sent to Canada. For over 3 weeks I had to chase him for how much the extra shipping was. I immediately paid the extra shipping and for another 2 weeks had to chase him for the tracking number. You can call text him or email him and he doesn't respond. I got so tired of chasing him I ended up filing a claim with PayPal. Within 8 hrs of filing a claim I got my tracking info. I paid for 3 day expedited shipping but James didn't send a commercial invoice with my shipment so when it got to the border it was returned to sender. He also forgot to put all the parts in the same box and sent 2 boxes the second time with the same commercial invoice on each box the second time. Ups then charged me twice for duty and taxes. When I asked James for a copy of the shipping invoice so I could get my duty and taxes back from ups he said he would just refund the shipping cost for me. He has told me this 4 times now and I still don't have a refund. My wheels showed up 2 weeks ago and both wheels need to be trued as they both have quite the wobble in them. 5 months, over 1000 Canadian dollars and lots of hassles to get a set of bent wheels. There is another vendor for quality hubs for our bikes now and he keeps them in stocks and ships the next day.

If you haven't filed a PayPal claim ID do it now before you're out your money.
I will never ever give ghettobike my business ever again.
Well thank you for the link to the wheels as that was one of the items I ordered, though another item they make that I ordered was the mounting plate as it looks strong and has a built in jack shaft, but I'll definitely look into making a clam though for me that might be a bit more complicated as i didn't use paypal, now I'm starting to think I might regret that

Well thank you for the link to the wheels as that was one of the items I ordered, though another item they make that I ordered was the mounting plate as it looks strong and has a built in jack shaft, but I'll definitely look into making a clam though for me that might be a bit more complicated as i didn't use paypal, now I'm starting to think I might regret that
I really don't know what his issue is lately but I know in the Facebook groups there have been alot of complaints lately and guys waiting 3,4,5,6,7 months to get their orders and no one being able to get a hold of him. Poor customer service at its finest. I have no doubt you will get your order but it will be a long wait. I haven't read any complaints of people never receiving their items, just extra long waits times. I've also heard of people paying more to skip ahead in the order line. I found the best time to get a hold of him is 8-9 am pacific time. Just keep trying to call him. Call from a different number to if you can. It's bulls**t but you need to keep on him to get your order. Hopefully you'll get your order soon. If you paid by credit card your probably protected if you don't recieve it. Good luck and all the best.

I really don't know what his issue is lately but I know in the Facebook groups there have been alot of complaints lately and guys waiting 3,4,5,6,7 months to get their orders and no one being able to get a hold of him. Poor customer service at its finest. I have no doubt you will get your order but it will be a long wait. I haven't read any complaints of people never receiving their items, just extra long waits times. I've also heard of people paying more to skip ahead in the order line. I found the best time to get a hold of him is 8-9 am pacific time. Just keep trying to call him. Call from a different number to if you can. It's bulls**t but you need to keep on him to get your order. Hopefully you'll get your order soon. If you paid by credit card your probably protected if you don't recieve it. Good luck and all the best.
Thanks for the good luck wishes and I do hope to get it but I'm starting to consider trying to get my money back through my bank, using my bank debit card, which is a shame because the stuff he has posted on the website looks amazing

My opinion of James at ghettobike has drastically changed since dealing with the lying sack of sh*t. I ordered a set of wheels at the end of October of last year. Because I live in Canada I called James before ordering to make sure that he would ship to Canada and he answered his phone right away and gave me all the answers I was looking for. I didn't bug him til January to see how progress was going and didn't get any response from him. Finally in February I got a hold of him and he tells me that my wheels are finished and that I need to pay extra shipping to have them sent to Canada. For over 3 weeks I had to chase him for how much the extra shipping was. I immediately paid the extra shipping and for another 2 weeks had to chase him for the tracking number. You can call text him or email him and he doesn't respond. I got so tired of chasing him I ended up filing a claim with PayPal. Within 8 hrs of filing a claim I got my tracking info. I paid for 3 day expedited shipping but James didn't send a commercial invoice with my shipment so when it got to the border it was returned to sender. He also forgot to put all the parts in the same box and sent 2 boxes the second time with the same commercial invoice on each box the second time. Ups then charged me twice for duty and taxes. When I asked James for a copy of the shipping invoice so I could get my duty and taxes back from ups he said he would just refund the shipping cost for me. He has told me this 4 times now and I still don't have a refund. My wheels showed up 2 weeks ago and both wheels need to be trued as they both have quite the wobble in them. 5 months, over 1000 Canadian dollars and lots of hassles to get a set of bent wheels. There is another vendor for quality hubs for our bikes now and he keeps them in stocks and ships the next day.

I'm glad to hear you are getting at least some where with this Chris, it sucks dealing with s**tty vendors!

I'm glad to hear you are getting at least some where with this Chris, it sucks dealing with sh**ty vendors!
Thanks man. Happy I finally got the wheels, s**tty I have to true news wheels tho.
I'm very tired of the lying vendors. Funny how some vendors have plenty of time to make facebook posts and videos but never enough time to ship the products they've sold.

How much did you pay for extra shipping to Canada and how did you pay him PayPal ?

The extra shipping was $80.00 US and yes I paid him thru PayPal. If you bought something from James you'll be waiting a long time. I suggest constantly calling him. The best time I found to get a hold of him was either around 8-9 am pacific time or 5-6 pacific time. I bought a hub from Will at gemini bicycle on Monday for a different bike and he shipped it Tuesday. I will never buy another thing from ghettobike.

The extra shipping was $80.00 US and yes I paid him thru PayPal. If you bought something from James you'll be waiting a long time. I suggest constantly calling him. The best time I found to get a hold of him was either around 8-9 am pacific time or 5-6 pacific time. I bought a hub from Will at gemini bicycle on Monday for a different bike and he shipped it Tuesday. I will never buy another thing from ghettobike.
I've heard that it does take a while to ship but I also did hear that you do get your product. The reason I got from ghetto bike was because its already put together if I was to buy from Gemini the bike shop would not spoke it because it has to do with motorized bikes
What's James PayPal?

Back