ghost ring problems

B

bird

i tryed the ghost ring on both my bikes just to see how good it works. after a couple days of rideing both bike i noticed the rollers in the chain were wearing out and falling off. one chain lost 6 rollers the other lost 1. has anyone else had this problem?

Yikes! I have not experienced this and have ridden with one for quite a while. Are they quality chains with not too much wear? How far are you jamming in that ring (how much chain tension are you providing?)
(Better rollers falling out than ghostrings flying out at high RPMs!!)

etheric said:
Yikes!
(Better rollers falling out than ghostrings flying out at high RPMs!!)

hmmmm? I wonder where the g-ring would go if the chain broke at high speed?

I don't know what to say about the busted rollers I have had no problems with mine in 200-300 miles. I have had my ring pop out while ridding and its no big deal other than my chain getting loose. Somehow my axle slid forward making my chain looser than normal and when accelerating the GR came out. It makes a weird clanging noise when it hits the ground and then it becomes a game of chase and find, mine rolled half a block before it stopped. All in all it came out three times before I made it home the fix the problem, each time it came out was much the same, it doesn't come ripping out like a buzz saw...Kelly

Maybe its cause I live in a cave but what is a ghost ring? and why don't you want it to go out? T

try1897 said:
Maybe its cause I live in a cave but what is a ghost ring? and why don't you want it to go out? T

here's the link to the ghost ring info. don't feel bad Tom...it was news to me, too. :eek: I did get out of my cave yesterday, long enough to see my shadow. :LOL:
davo

Back