IMG_0008.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 1,524
  • brakes1.jpg
    brakes1.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 2,017
Jackshaft is working great. It is real enjoyable now that I got a grip shift. Can't take credit for the brakes, saw another member do it. It was just too easy and better than the dual pull units you can buy.

Nice! Is your product all ready?
I mean..that's REALLY nice,man.
Great work.

wow, nice bike! is that a new engine or the old one swapped over from your mountain bike? I only noticed the jackshaft on the second look, very clean and professional looking! I bet that goes a lot faster than it looks!

Looks like early June for jackshaft kit release date.

New engine, old pipe.

Actually it is a 6 speed, or at least that is how many gears I have on my rear cassette. 6 is actually too many in my opinion, the engine has a wider powerband than us humans. I usually shift 2 gears at a time. First gear is so low I can start from a stop with the clutch no problem and at idle is slower than a walk but it will pull any hill you can throw at it. 6th gear is actually too tall. The motor won't pull it on a flat road. I get a higher top speed in 5th. But the extra gear is nice when going down a hill at speed to keep the engine rpm low.

Very, very nice modifications. The jackshaft drive is cool. And the simple conversion of single cable brake handle to double is pure genius.

Back