Giant Staton GP460 Rocketship?

Making progress. I'm stuck right now regarding a gas tank. I do not want a chineese peanut one that comes in the 68cc/80cc kits because they leak at the petcock and gas cap. Any Ideas?
QuNPc8k.jpg

there's a few choices, depending on if steel or plastic, and where you want to mount it. lots of utility engine tanks can be mounted on the rack and cheaper than top bar mounted cycle style tanks. what's your budget for a tank?

Thanks for the help/ideas. I scouted around for alternate gas tanks on ebay/amazon and I ended up ordering a red Blitz 1 Gallon Gas Can off of ebay for $5.00. The plan is to plumb it and mount it on the opposite side of the engine like I did on my friction drive shown here.....
20770012_173702396507092_7800414466694748126_n.jpg

Convenient mount and can't beat that price lol.

The carb didn't care about the gas lines coming in from below it?

No I had no problem with the gas lines. I made a little more progress on the build.
IMG_0279.JPG

Just picked up a Giant Revel 2 mountain bike that I got a sweet deal on and I have a Staton 18.75:1 Gearbox laying around that I'm not using. Was thinking about building a rocketship with the Chung Yang GP460 engine. Here is a picture of the bike in question. I'll probably build it depending on how many Yea vs. Na's I get. So lets here it. Yes or No. Should I build it?
View attachment 83027
YES

Build it!
My buddy used a Staton drive w/CY460.Top speed 53mph.
I've used the CY460 on friction drive and that Dominator pipe. Super loud,even w/silencer.
I liked the SBP pipe for the HT engine. Besides making good power, it made the 460 so quiet, I swear I could hear the piston ring scraping the cylinder!

What's your sprockets' sizes? The box's ratio is 18.75:1. If one gear's bigger than the other, your overall ratio will vary.
If you spin the 460 to 11,000+rpm, it might want stiffer gears.

5-7 this an old thread. He has that kit for sale in that section if interested. I like that Giant bike a lot.

Back