Giant Suede build.

My first build was an unknown brand and size motor on a Walmart Thruster frame basket case. I learned a lot doing a total rebuild on it.

While building and running the first bike, I had been eying my Giant Suede forward pedal bike. My wife and I bought a pair several years ago. I ordered a 66/80 Flying Horse kit from BikeBerry.

What I got was a BBR 66/80cc ported racing engine. Damn. That's a nice upgrade.

Due to the downtube being stretched forward with the crank being forward, I had to use a CNC mount on the back of the motor. Final angle came out good.

The shock fork and seat makes this an easy riding bike. A set of Planet Bike fenders gives it a finished look.
20200903_100852_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200904_205017_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200906_171257_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200906_171321_copy_1280x720.jpg

Well @Street Ryderz got me curious so I grabbed one of my extra coils I get, & took a picture of it, I'll have to take my mag cover off tomorrow & check the magneto, my mag rotor dont look like the one in pic, but I believe it has the big 2 wire magneto. I love the wealth of information on this site, from thread to thread its great!!!View attachment 160491
Nice they did give you the TZ cdi interested to see the mag and rotor.

I'm going to tear into it to change my timing again, I'll take pictures of it, it looks way bigger than a stock 3wire magneto, plus to me the rotor looks thicker than the other ones I got. It dont have that diamond checking on it, but the face of rotor looks different as well. I'm here to learn & love the stuff u post, that's why you got my brain spinning.

Heres a picture I took of it awhile back when I was messing with timing, & it measures 335ohms, so I'm not sure what I got? That's why theres pros like you to explain this stuff. I'm loving the info you have acquired over the years of racing & building bikes.
20211014_182238.jpg

Kinda weird seeing as the Canadian dist still has them and better deal LOL all in one package. The sad part is they can't ship to the U.S. as part of the agreement with Don and once they are sold out we can no longer get anything from them as they are being forced to close down not being allowed to import theses kits into Canada anymore.
I just bought something that looks exactly like that kit but was branded a different name. They called theirs the super coil. I'd like to try one of those magnets though. I bookmarked it.

Heres a picture I took of it awhile back when I was messing with timing, & it measures 335ohms, so I'm not sure what I got? That's why theres pros like you to explain this stuff. I'm loving the info you have acquired over the years of racing & building bikes.View attachment 160518
Yeah that's not the fat boy it would measure around 315 ohms or less but funny as I said how they mix and match never knowing what you'll really get. The TZ rotor that looks like diamond plate is supposed to have 12% higher magnetism to go with the lower resistance wire loop/magneto and cdi so that it has higher kv output for modified engines with a bigger charge. Oh and it has more laminates.

I'm just asking, but wouldn't a higher resistance cause a longer dwell time which in turn would offer a higher output voltage? Or is my thinking backwards or would it be due to the 12% increase in magnetism & the 15° cut timing key the tz rotor has? I'm just asking cause this is stuff I want to learn & know when it comes to buying new parts.

I'm just asking, but wouldn't a higher resistance cause a longer dwell time which in turn would offer a higher output voltage? Or is my thinking backwards or would it be due to the 12% increase in magnetism & the 15° cut timing key the tz rotor has? I'm just asking cause this is stuff I want to learn & know when it comes to buying new parts.
Slightly yes but it's really how long the cap in the cdi takes to saturate and why Grubee say's not to mix and match them. The 15 degree timing was needed for higher output to try and avoid detonation in higher rpm.

Ok thanks, A stock rotor is cut at about 25°-30° isn't it? Or is it like 22.5°

Back