Girls to boys firestone pilot

You don't need no stinking notcher, just remember the law of 1/3. Your chop saw or band saw will make the perfect notch every time. Measure 1/3 the distance across your tube and 45 it off right there, flip it over and do it again. Dress the cuts, BAM, perfect notch.
Or just slide it in the vice, line up to the angle you need, turn wing nut, flip drill press switch, pull down. Tube notcher makes them perfect every time, even when I'm tired or drinking. lol. I used to use the band saw. This is way easier, and I never screw it up. lol

Or just slide it in the vice, line up to the angle you need, turn wing nut, flip drill press switch, pull down. Tube notcher makes them perfect every time, even when I'm tired or drinking. lol. I used to use the band saw. This is way easier, and I never screw it up. lol
I'm all for buying new tools, but my chopsaw bandsaw does 45s and it's only the compound angles that are confounding.

I'm all for buying new tools, but my chopsaw bandsaw does 45s and it's only the compound angles that are confounding.
You could build one. It really cuts the time down on working with tubing. It's just a guide for a hole bit. Really though at the price they sell them for, saves money just buying it if you feel your time is worth something. lol. Makes it a perfect fit every time, with just a simple pull of the drill press lever. I'm all for making tools, but if I can buy it for cheaper than I can make it ( time included), I'm going to just buy it. if you work with tube a lot, the time savings over manual cutting is well worth it. when using a saw, you still need to grind it to the perfect shape after, unless your using a wire saw I guess. This just cuts the angle and a perfect round slip to slide the pieces together. No fuss, but maybe a quick hit with the wire wheel after.

You could build one. It really cuts the time down on working with tubing. It's just a guide for a hole bit. Really though at the price they sell them for, saves money just buying it if you feel your time is worth something. lol. Makes it a perfect fit every time, with just a simple pull of the drill press lever. I'm all for making tools, but if I can buy it for cheaper than I can make it ( time included), I'm going to just buy it. if you work with tube a lot, the time savings over manual cutting is well worth it. when using a saw, you still need to grind it to the perfect shape after, unless your using a wire saw I guess. This just cuts the angle and a perfect round slip to slide the pieces together. No fuss, but maybe a quick hit with the wire wheel after.
Let me explain it to you this way.

Let me explain it to you this way.

I know how. I did it for years. Why, when I can just slide the tube in, tighten a wing nut, flip a switch and pull. The angle and the circumference set by merely putting in the bit I'll be using and adjusting the angle. I can have the pieces for a bike, cage, whatever, cut an ready to weld in 1/10th the time It would take to do it manually. Plus each cut is identical, no error at all from wobbly hands etc. The hours it saves in notching, gives me more fun time, or other time in a project.

Back