Glad to be here.

Emmased

Local time
2:03 PM
Hello to all,

I've been lurking for a while now. Not sure how I found you. I have a two stroke on a Kulana bike from wal-mart. Swapped out the fork for a springer and countless other minor improvements in rideability and dependability. Have been commuting to work (about 12 miles round trip) whenever weather permits. This is my third year with this motor.

I just completed a four stroke build using a K2 Big Easy cruiser and a huashang Honda knockoff with a Grubee II gearbox. The jury is still out on this one.

While I'd love to trick out my rides, I'm more interested in the practical aspects of motored bike riding. I can do chores with just pennies a day. I get to be outdoors and even get a modicum of exersize (you gotta pedal to start right?). Plus it's fun. I haven't ridden my motorcycle since my daughter was born. Just too many more important things to do like pay the mortgage and walk the dog. Building my bikes was fun and easy and I get to save a ton of gas. Let's just not talk about all the money I spent aquiring/building/improving them.

Anyway- I'd describe my mechanical abilities as above average. Having a workshop is beyond helpful in this endevour. I'll continue to drop in every now and then and see if I can offer any insights. I've certainly learned plenty by lurking.

Judging from the number of people asking me about my builds and wanting to know where to get them I would say we'll be seeing more and more motorbikes out there. Hopefully, people will be responsible and avoid giving these things the negative attention the pocket bikes etc have received.

Be smart.

hey Emmased
welcome to the site
I'd be interested in seeing some pics of your bikes if ya got 'em
even if a person doesn't have a workshop, such as myself, they can still get some great ideas and implement them in the best way possible;)
that's what I do on my front porch, it doubles as my 'workshop' lol

Back