Going 20Mph Max speed and 75MPG

A

Andrew Peterson

Hi everyone! I got my 2 stroke installed on my bike for more than 4 months now. It has 350 miles on it so I think the break in is done. My bike (stock) is going very slow, 20 Mph max. And the MPG is very low, 75MPG. I though the air/fuel mixture was too rich, so I put the C clip at the leanest position, it changes nothing. It's slow and takes a lot of gas. It's pretty annoying. If nobody has an idea I would like to know.
Thx guys!

Hey! I had the same problem. Did it get weaker over time? Is it hardly pulling? Do you have the muffler off? If you do put it on, I heard it gives more top end (But takes some low end)

The c-clip has no affect at full throttle. If you're running too rich at full throttle and you're sure you have no air obstructions, you'll have to switch to a smaller jet. But first determine that you are actually running too rich by doing the spark plug test with a new spark plug.

Also I had the same issue, I took the upper engine off, and boom. The cylinder had no more plating on it! Wth?? I ordered a new one.

Hi everyone! I got my 2 stroke installed on my bike for more than 4 months now. It has 350 miles on it so I think the break in is done. My bike (stock) is going very slow, 20 Mph max. And the MPG is very low, 75MPG. I though the air/fuel mixture was too rich, so I put the C clip at the leanest position, it changes nothing. It's slow and takes a lot of gas. It's pretty annoying. If nobody has an idea I would like to know.
Thx guys!
75MPG you must be doing straight highway cuz I can't get that out of mine doing stop and go.
Check your tire pressure you can pick up 2 or 3 miles faster if properly inflated.
Next clean your air filter with gas I had to do it every time I mix a gallon till just said hell with took it completely off, but if I half to take a dirt trail I'll put it back on.
Next is your rear wheel true and straight could cause friction.
Next is your chain properly lubricated? If its making a lot of noise its trying to tell you it needs lube. That slows down from friction.
Also check tensioner you don't want it so goddamn tight need it just little bit lose long as you pull chain to side and dose pull out of the tensioner track rails its ok.
Next what mix? If your still using 20:1 might try changing it more oil more friction I run mine at 32:1 that is 4 ounces to 1 gallon. I notice when I was running 20:1 it would bog out on throttle trying climb hill.
Next you might want to install new plug and check the gap I run mine around 32 it runs smother around 26 but it runs slower.
But there still more hope you said you had 350 miles on it speed does not improve till you get near 800 miles on it then it's more broken for round measure say 1000 miles break in.

Last edited:
Back