Golden Eagle belt snaps with fewer than 500 miles

astring

Local time
7:58 AM
Has anyone had this problem? I thought I could save money on transportation with the GEBE kit but if I have to pay $30 every 500 miles it will really cut into that savings (fortunately this happened on a non work day and did not leave me in a lurch-I was close to home). I use my bike on road only no off road.

gebe belt

What i found is that alignment is critical as the teeth do not have a lot of mesh power I had suffered from a lot of slipping but installed a spring the same diameter but one coil less and that plus giving enough assist has helped a lot I check mine after every ride and adjust by moving the engine slightly if its out of alignment .
like any of these systems the engines are really only for assist and should not be relied on to propel you much faster than you can pedal for long periods.
hope you have better luck with the next belt
Royz

i have a belt that has over 3500 miles on it...it has only begun to give in because i've been running it on "sabrina"...alignment is everything, but gearing & pedal-assist matters, too...can we have some more detail including pics of the break, please?

I have the same problem, abelt every 500 to 700 miles. THe solution for me was to buy a staton chain drive, Now I don't have to worry about babying a flimsy belt.

i have a belt that has over 3500 miles on it...it has only begun to give in because i've been running it on "sabrina"...alignment is everything, but gearing & pedal-assist matters, too...can we have some more detail including pics of the break, please?

I have a weird computer situation, I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow. I use the normal gear (the one that the kit came with). I pedal a few times when I start but once I am going it is mostly the engine. I hope that it is the alignment (and an easy fix), I'd love to get 3000+ on a belt.

standing by... :cool:

to "anyone else" watching...i'm not making it up about my 3500 mile belt (btw-i've NEVER gotten even 1000mi on any 30mph+ chain-drive without replacing or repairing something, so what's yer point?)...it's all about caring for your machine & understanding the mechanics.

Last edited:
Astring, Sounds to me like you dont have a kevlar belt. I have 1200+ miles on mine with the gp-460 5+ hp. I am very easy on the throtle and always pedal up to 8 mph to start.

Attachments

• 08-06-08_1651.jpg
    08-06-08_1651.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 372
Back