golden eagle guy from Utah

HalCannon

Local time
12:10 PM
Hi all,

I've been riding a Golden Eagle 25cc on a Specialized mtn. bike for the past three and a half years. We met Dennis and Julia at the Bonneville speed trials a few years back and recorded a story about Golden Eagle for NPR. I believe there is still a link to the story on their website. Anyhow, 3 1/2 years and it has always worked great with almost no problems except for my laziness.

Last week I purchased a used Cycle Genius recumbent and have been talking to Dennis about upgrading to the 32cc Tanaka. Only problem is figuring how to mount the engine with the disc brakes.

Anyhow, I'd never found this site and am glad to finally be here. I'll keep folks posted on my new set-up. If anyone has advise I'm always open for creative suggestions.

Hal Cannon
Salt Lake City

Welcom Hal. So glad you found us. A lot of us have just recently heard that audio clip. Loved it. I'm a gebe user also. So, to make things short, WELCOME HOME.

hello, hal...i'm going to be at bonneville this year (follow my signature to the racing club) and i sport a tanaka 32, which is quickly proving itself as THE engine to put on a bicycle...check out the rack-mount section, browse for inspiration. welcome aboard :cool:

It's gonna happen,Hal.
Bonneville will be on the Speed Cable Channel and you guys are gonna be on it with your bikes,if even for just a second. It's got to happen. When the announcer says "were gonna feature the fastest" Then your all gonna be famous when he then says "and the slowest."
You guys are starting this off right.
I'm getting goosebumps here.
WELCOME to MBc!!!

locals view of Bonneville

Thanks for the welcome----

Bonneville Salt Flats is truly an amazing place. It is like being on the moon. Early morning is the best. There are three races. The big one, and my least favorite because its generally so hot is in August, the second in September is the World of Speed. It is run by the Utah guys and opens with a prayer. Check out our NPR radio piece on that at:

http://www.westernfolklife.org/site1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=180&Itemid=214

It is my favorite. Then in October is the World Finals. All are wonderful if the salt is good and is not flooded (something that happens fairly often) The best is taking a bike out to tool around. The time trials are secondary to motor heads going up and down the rows of vehicles checking things out.

There should be more small cc engines out there. The bar stool racing with big truck starter motors has been the major novelty in recent years but perhaps that is waning.

Anyhow, hope to meet some of you folks on the flats this fall

Hal Cannon,
Utah

Welcome!

Loved your radio piece- as an old NPR listener from way back, I kid because I love!

Hal,

Have you got Leo riding one yet? That I would love to see.

You have to lose the 2 stroke if you are going to upgrade. Check out the Staton Subaru/Nuvinci system?

Bigwheel

Back