Golf Clubs and Biking

M

MotoredTed

I have been thinking about how to get to the golf course with my clubs. Im sure I can get 4 or 5 of them strapped to my bike somehow,maybe a sunday bag or something. I just wondered if we had any Golfer Motered Bikers in the forum? And how are you doin it.
P.S. Augie I did a search and found nothing.

Ted

use really small clubs, then you could tie them to the spokes & carry the whole set! lol!

I towed my pushcart behind a bicycle once. It worked well at low speeds. (10-12 mph) On a downhill, near the course, I picked up some speed ...the cart started whipping back & forth & flipped upsidedown, before I could slow down. I had prolly a dozen golfballs rolling down the hill. It musta been quite a sight! hahaha

That was too funny srdavo, I could see that happening to me.
Thanks for that info.

Just get a child carrier trailer or make one. Do a search and you will see a post on how to make one out of conduit. I found a double child trailer at the local thrift shop for around 25 bucks.

the trailer idea seems like a good one
get a used one...or build, if so inclined:D
(leave the snap-on top off and you could carry a full set easily)

If you don't like the trailer idea,build a trike,or even a sidecar!
Or get one of them double baskets that go over your rear tire and modify one side to accept your bag and the other side for odds and ends.

Somewhere around here (computer) I saw a specialized rack to carry a baseball bat. I think it was mounted to an old Sting Ray. It held it vertically mounted off the rear axle. Perhaps you could fabricate one for a golf bag, although I realize golf clubs are quite a bit heavier. I found another forum(!?!?) called The Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange, maybe I saw it there.

Back