Gonna build a bike no kit

BilalCarroll

Local time
6:49 AM
I've had problems with the cheap twist throttles breaking.
I have started using gear shift levers as a throttle and using small ATV thumb throttles.
300317.jpg

I like your idea. I am (slowly) adapting a scooter cylinder on a HT (China Girl) motor to make more power.
While looking at scooter drives I couldn't help but notice how an entire scooter drive could fit on a bicycle.
Only that they weigh about 50 lbs stops me.

Steve

So i am gonna build a motorized bike without a kit...
Cool, so you have built and rode one before?
Personally I find a reliable kit is the best place to start and then go off on wild tangents.
A kit is just the parts designed specially to motorize a bicycle making not only assembly easier, the parts supply is ample.

Just a tip Bilal ;-}

Cool, so you have built and rode one before?
Personally I find a reliable kit is the best place to start and then go off on wild tangents.
A kit is just the parts designed specially to motorize a bicycle making not only assembly easier, the parts supply is ample.

Just a tip Bilal ;-}

Yup,
just read over Bila's past posts and it becomes obvious that he has never built a motorized bicycle before.

STOP! A kit is the cheapest, easiest, quickest, surest way to get there.
Don't modify it, don't put it on a strange bike, just buy a kit and put it on a standard bike.
Follow all the instructions, don't modify anything. A Saturday afternoon and you are riding before supper.

Steve

STOP! A kit is the cheapest, easiest, quickest, surest way to get there.
Don't modify it, don't put it on a strange bike, just buy a kit and put it on a standard bike.
Follow all the instructions, don't modify anything. A Saturday afternoon and you are riding before supper.

Steve

he is trying to do the pocket bike engine -> bike conversion. It has been done multiple times but unfortunately there is no kit to do it. So, he has to do much of the build himself though he can of course use the sprocket, throttle and etc from the standard kits.

Back