Good 4 Stroke Kit?

CENTURION

Local time
4:34 PM
Not too much luck with my 2 stroke kit, think I may try a 4 stroke version. Any suggestions on a good one? I was looking at these, the price doesn't seem too bad.

Attachments

• 4STROKE.jpg
    4STROKE.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 133
Depends on what you're wanting.

Gru-Bee is going to give you the best mid mount kit. Though they're more expensive; they don't have the issues other mid mount 4 stroke kits have.

Staton Inc has some really good rear mount kits and friction drive kits. I use a Staton Inc kit, it's held up for 12 years now and has over 4000 hours of use it. All I've ever replaced is spark plugs, fuel filters and the carburetor.

Dodge does a bang up job on a 360 Cui, I believe they call their kit the Ram. It comes in many packages too. Like the 1500, for those looking for a little fun. Then there's the 2500's, starting to get into big boy territory here. They even have 3500's, now were talking. Anyway, I think you would really enjoy one of those.

Depends on what you're wanting.

Gru-Bee is going to give you the best mid mount kit. Though they're more expensive; they don't have the issues other mid mount 4 stroke kits have.

Staton Inc has some really good rear mount kits and friction drive kits. I use a Staton Inc kit, it's held up for 12 years now and has over 4000 hours of use it. All I've ever replaced is spark plugs, fuel filters and the carburetor.

Thanks, that Gru-Bee mid frame looks pretty nice. I have a Stanton 2 stroke friction kit, i believe with a 75 mm clutch bell, and 1 in. roller, the engine died, perhaps a good 4 stroke would fit it?

Century don't cheap out get the GX50 for that FD kit, $309 at SEW. W/a 1in roller you'll have a good hill climber.
What is Sew? Is it a business I am looking for a nice rear mount 4 cycle. Thanks

Dodge does a bang up job on a 360 Cui, I believe they call their kit the Ram. It comes in many packages too. Like the 1500, for those looking for a little fun. Then there's the 2500's, starting to get into big boy territory here. They even have 3500's, now were talking. Anyway, I think you would really enjoy one of those.
Dodges have some serious tranny issues. Carcomplaint.com, late 90's on up. Dang shame I like those older box dodge pickup's. You can't kill them. Also most folks don't need a 3/4 or 1 ton. They ride like a buck board and are way more expensive to fix because of the heavy duty issue, my opinion.

Rbt, are you wanting a rear FD or a rear chain drive? There're certain motors best suited for each and not the same.

Back