Good-bye to China/Grubee Junk, Hello To Reliable Motorized Bicycling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone added a second tank atop the Staton?

The more that I think about it, the more I like your idea of carrying some gas in the water bottle holder.

If it does not get you home, it most likely will get you to a gas station.

Better than a dead electric battery.

Last edited:
My water bottle fuel tank is the same size as the main tank (0.6 litres). That would get me 60km. I usually just pour half in the tank and stop at the nearest station and fill them both up. It's funny buying half a litre of gas.

I've moved to Saskatchewan last fall. Things here are a lot further apart, so I may need to rethink my strategy. When I did go for rides last fall, i always kept the spare tank full this way if I ran out of fuel I always had enough to get back home.

Great solution.

Next: If we could shift the roller left/right about 1-1/2", we would get a higher gear for increased mileage and top speed.

Not easy with a Staton, but doable.

Seems easier with a weed wacker single bearing "stick out" roller engine.

Great solution. Next: If we could shift the roller left/right about 1-1/2", we would get a higher gear for increased mileage and top speed. Not easy with a Staton, but doable. Seems easier with a weed wacker single bearing "stick out" roller engine.
Maybe "doable" but not safe.Think about the extra points of failure, you'd need to be able to UNLOCK-RAISE-SHIFT-LOWER-LOCK the whole system, that's like moving the chainrings around the chain-line.OR research "Dimension Edge" friction drives with the "shift on the fly" set-up, I've heard nothing but problems with them.Simpler is better.

Thanks for this useful post! It really gives me insight on whats truly reliable. Sadly I can't go with a friction drive because I wanna keep the front and back fenders on my bike. I would need to go with a direct chain/sprocket rear wheel drive. After I get my Grubee 4G kit I'm going with what you suggested for my build to the best of my abilities. Its insane what vendors charge for these 4 stroke kits. One website was charging $260 just for the 4G kit transmission included without the engine and $300 with the engine and transmission. Those prices make no sense to me. How is a 4 stroke bike motor worth $40 when everything else is $260 without a motor? I might go with the Grubee kit with the motor included and sell the motor to get the Honda engine. I'm glad my bike is a made in Taiwan local bike shop model. Better than china department store bikes. To bad there's hardly any bikes actually built in america these days. Back in the 50's an all american local bike shop Schwinn Corvette sold for under $100. Now the china Schwinn under $200 Walmart bikes are complete junk.

Last edited:
Great solution.

Next: If we could shift the roller left/right about 1-1/2", we would get a higher gear for increased mileage and top speed.

Not easy with a Staton, but doable.

Seems easier with a weed wacker single bearing "stick out" roller engine.

A Honda GX35 is not going to work well with an 1.5 roller. Not enough torque.

Can't tell if my engine is China or not Johnny ( no markings) Going on 2years strong .Just lub i . And gas!!! Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

China bike

Can't tell if my engine is China or not Johnny ( no markings) Going on 2years strong .Just lub it and gas it !! Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back