Good-bye to China/Grubee Junk, Hello To Reliable Motorized Bicycling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish GXH50's were $350 here. Was quoted about €400 for one the other day. That's $500 or more

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the cost of shipping to the UK? No sales tax here now on that, that will change soon thanks to the libs.

Whats the cost of shipping to the UK? No sales tax here now on that, that will change soon thanks to the libs.

I dunno. Small engine warehouse won't give me a quote, only seems to ship to USA. I'll do without it for now anyway until I get another bike for a project, have the gx31 on the way now

Ship to Canada to someone you know......commonwealth of ?

I'm going to Chicago and Oshkosh in July, the flight back stops at Dublin. Do you want me to throw one out of the door while we hang about?

I'm going to Chicago and Oshkosh in July, the flight back stops at Dublin. Do you want me to throw one out of the door while we hang about?

Tis grand, my engine buying spree is over now, getting a GX100 (not for a bike) and that gx31. I wanted to build a bike with a nylon roller to push down on a belt operated by a lever instead of the centrifugal clutch, which is why i was looking for the gxh50 but I'll leave that for another time. Has anyone tried the nylon roller clutch setup before? It works great on my tiller and I also used a lawnmower that this system for a self-drive

The movable tensioner's been used over and over again, down the years, it's less durable perhaps than a proper clutch, but it serves well enough, from what I can see.

does it wear out belts fast? or some other part? I might try belt drive on the gx31 with a centrifugal clutch

There's not much clout going through the belt and you won't be doing high mileage, so it will probably be ok. You can always carry a spare belt if you think you'll need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back