Good-bye to China/Grubee Junk, Hello To Reliable Motorized Bicycling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
been a long time since I updated this thread. it's kind of my entire MB experience as it progresses. I've had a change of heart with Honda / GXH50. You can read how that situation went here:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?42211-Honda-GXH50-Warranty-Scam

I'm now using the Tanaka PF-4000 which has been very impressive and costs less when you factor that it comes with the clutch from Staton. I'd bet they'll even honor their warranty. :)

The problem that I have with posts like this is that the OP thinks his way is the only/best way to build a reliable bike. The thing is, yes a lot of parts in the kits are junk, and even the engines are not safe from defects. But there are better engines and parts that can be used to build a reliable chain drive. I buy hd chain from tractor supply in 10ft lengths. I have not had a single problem with chain from tractor supply in the 7 months I have been using it. Before that I was using kmc chain, no problems with that either. I don't use the grubee engines anymore, and I'm instead using a 98cc four stroke minibike engine. For the most part, anything that's gone wrong with my bike has been user error or normal wear and tear. Chain drive works for some, not for others. The OP is the latter. Please don't make posts with blanket statements that assume your way is the only right way.

been a long time since I updated this thread. it's kind of my entire MB experience as it progresses. I've had a change of heart with Honda / GXH50. You can read how that situation went here:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?42211-Honda-GXH50-Warranty-Scam

I'm now using the Tanaka PF-4000 which has been very impressive and costs less when you factor that it comes with the clutch from Staton. I'd bet they'll even honor their warranty. :)

Do you have a pic of your bike?

bad parts1.jpgbad parts2.jpg

Current Bike with Tanaka PF-4000 (Impressive so far)
100_3096a.jpg

You know what is my other problem with threads like this? No open dialogue with people who disagree. Absolutely no acknowledgment of statements contrary to the OP, unless it is to say they are liars or morons. As if repeating yourself makes your opinion more true than someone else's.

Dud your gripe is with the ****ty ass chain and sprocket! Do the shifter kit and no more problems!

Dud your gripe is with the ****ty ass chain and sprocket! Do the shifter kit and no more problems!

I agree...........................................................................................................................................I agree.

..............I agree........................................................................................................ .....I agree.

..............................I agree........................................................................ ...I agree.

.................................................I agree...............I agree.............I agree.

The SBP shift kit will solve all of your problems, including chain related problems.

Happy Ending

lol, actually a lot more broke and gave me problems. Only problems. This story finally had a happy ending though. I bought an NT carb for the replacement engine and let the kids follow us around on it. I even used it some, but the gaskets couldn't keep the rain water out of the engine. I made new gaskets but broke a piston ring putting it back together. I had a piston ring that was the same size around but not as thick. I gave it a try but it broke a piece off the piston while running and scratched the cylinder wall. So I threw the engine in the garbage.

What a beautiful moment that was. Almost brings tears of joy to my eyes. :cry:

Last edited:
the gaskets couldn't keep the rain water out of the engine.

You are doing something seriously wrong with the engine assembly process if unable keep rain water out of the engine - this situation screams mechanical assembly error by the assembler.

I made new gaskets but broke a piston ring putting it back together.

Again, this is another example of assembly error.

I had a major failure on my 1st motor at about 130 miles. the crankshaft broke at the magneto, I think I could have prevented it if I knew then what to look for. So far I have atleast 700 miles on 2nd motor with shift kit and its as reliable as my car is. Just the weather here sucks right now, 20 degrees in the morning in sacatomato ca.
The good thing is that the motor that broke the bottom end is identical to the 2nd so I have a 130 mile top end I can replace it whenever I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back