Good day from Sam.

AlfonsoX

Local time
3:55 PM
Hi, i found this site via google looking for laws about petrol bicycles and thought it seemed like quite a good fourm so here i am.

Im from england and wanted to find out what would happen if i get caught on a petol bicycle. Its either 25cc or 36cc, it came from a yellow sabre leaf blower made in the USA in 1995 (if anyone could tell me how to find out that would be great)

Im considering building another petrol bicycle and would like to learn more about drive types, engine types and.. well anything.

Hi Sam. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=111670&postcount=24

G'day Sam & welcome.
Careful with your laws overthere cos i hear their very strict.

I heard they are quite strict but I dont really know. Technically its an uninsured, untaxed vehicle so you can get 3 points on your drivers licence (i haven't got one yet but somehow they stay on there for 3 years:confused:
If you get 6 points on your licence and you've only had it for 2 years they take away your licence for 12 months. (you can also get 3 points for speeding btw) after those 12 months you have to take a harder driving test that costs more. Stupid DVLA grrr.

I've confused myself by writing that :D so I really need to search the forum for English petrol bike laws.

Back