Good high range headlight that runs from magneto, cheap?

LED's use less power, would one of those be better?
I tried that, all I got was a flickering light and no power. But, I had the light wired direct to see if it would work, the bike wouldn't go very fast to light the lamp at any kind of brightness. I suppose if I had of wired in a switch and then got the bike up to speed and turned it on, it might of been better. It seems that those coils only put out enough power for the CDI.

You can try this. Gives 12v (supposedly) without taking away from the engine. Ive benn debating buying this myself to see if it would work for a headlight myself.

I found one similar on eBay that comes with a rectifier. I think it was called a mini-gen. Looks to be better made.
Can you post the link? Ive been eyeing that thing for a few months, but havent been sure about it, but havent seen another anywhere else. Would love to have a second option

Can you post the link? Ive been eyeing that thing for a few months, but havent been sure about it, but havent seen another anywhere else. Would love to have a second option

Here’s the link to the 12 volt. They have a 6 volt as well that’s a little cheaper.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Awesome, that does look like much better quality. Thanks for the link, ima check it out when i have spare cash.

You can buy a wind turbine generator.for about $60.00 ebay that cranks out anywhere from 12 to 24.volts to about 46 volts and that's with a voltage limitator not to secede that amount but they weigh about 5lbs and are awkward to mo make fit there almost 7" x 5" I bought a wind turbine it's not worth a s**t, but I bought it in mind if it won't charge I'd rip the heart out attach it to my bike and see if it.had awesome power to charge and it's getting pretty close time to ring it's neck and transplant!

From what I hear from soldiers who have fought in Asia you only need 1 candle watt that is a flame above a match.
Asians can see like a cat in the dark!
Easily without the European white need a f***ing floodlight to see in the night and it doesn't bother them at all so they are not going spend millions to advance technology when just a candle is bright enough for them to anything for half a hundred yards or so.

From what I hear from soldiers who have fought in Asia you only need 1 candle watt that is a flame above a match.
Asians can see like a cat in the dark!
Easily without the European white need a f***ing floodlight to see in the night and it doesn't bother them at all so they are not going spend millions to advance technology when just a candle is bright enough for them to anything for half a hundred yards or so.
Ya but, what about all the other blind bats on the road!?

Back