Good price- Want a Honda GXH50 for your 4 stroke kit?

H

HoughMade

I am not selling, but I just bought this engine from a place in my home state of Indiana. It was delivered today and is new, perfect and just as advertised. The company is "Small Engine Warehouse". Mine came with the owner's manual, but they advertise they do not come with. They have the manual available for download in any event.

They have Honda GXH50s with no tank (we usually don't need 'em anyway) for $210.00 plus shipping (and tax if you live in Indiana). The shipping was very reasonable at $8.95 across the state, not much more further. I have not found a better price anywhere. I usually see these things for closer to $300.

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com...+Horizontal+5+8+x+1+1+4+Shaft+Muffler+no+tank

I get nothing out of this except the satisfaction of seeing our kind get a decent deal.

Good luck!

Honda Motor?

The link you have provided above is for a HORIZONTAL mounted Honda motor.
I think this is going to be a problem for you trying to make this motor work in a motored bike installation? This motor is also offered as a VERTICAL mounted motor and this I believe is the motor you will need for a bicycle. I know that the smaller Honda motors the 25cc & 35cc are motors that will work in either vertical or horizontal or any where in between. I agree the price they are offering is great but I think you are going to need a vertical mounting motor.
Scully

vertical as in 'vertical take off and landing'?
methinks you are mistaken my friend
he is building a bike, not a lawnmower:rolleyes:

if I am wrong, I will leave this post but edit an apology

"horizontal shaft" is the correct configuration for our needs.

thanks for the heads-up, there, HoughMade...i'm sure it'll help 8)

Correct- it is literally sitting on my desk as we speak- horizontal refers to the crankshaft orientation, not how it is mounted. It is a beautiful little engine. I am so used to the larger Honda's, Briggs and Tecumsehs...something this small and well made is really a joy to look at...now, to get it mounted.

I've been the the mortorized bike game for a short time, but I've been tearing small engines apart for 25 years. It's not that I cannot make a mistake, but I know a thing or two about engine terminology. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Horizontal vs Vertical

I have come to believe that the problem lies in the terminology. Small Engine Warehouse uses the term Mount/Mounting when describing these motors where Honda uses the term shaft. The (Horizontal Mounted) moter that Small Engine Warehouse is offering is in fact the Horizontal Shaft motor we need for most all bike installations. I originally took the description (Horizontal Mount) to be a Vertical Shaft motor like for a rotary lawnmower. After looking further at the description/part # from Small Engine Warehouse I relieze that the motor is of the Horizontal Shaft Type. Sorry for my confusion.
Scully

Additional Question?

HoughMade,
Do you feel that you will run into any problems due to the 3/8in. shorter output shaft length, (1&1/4in. vs 1&5/8in.) Specifically with the powercontrol gear box and centrifical clutch assembly?
Scully

HoughMade,
Do you feel that you will run into any problems due to the 3/8in. shorter output shaft length, (1&1/4in. vs 1&5/8in.) Specifically with the powercontrol gear box and centrifical clutch assembly?
Scully

The kit I have purchased is specifically listed as being for the 1 1/4 x 5/8" shaft.

If there is a problem...I'll post it...and solve it. Figuring these things out is the fun part!

Back