Good quality throttle??

scalewiz

Local time
2:43 AM
Just lookiing for a better quality throttle. I've been through 2 of them from Gasbike, but they keep breaking. The little plastic piece in the handgrip that holds the throttle cable just isn't made for long-term use. Is there anybody who makes a decent throttle actuator handle that's made of metal, or that may last longer?

Thanks. Looks much better. Riding today I realized that an awful lot of force is placed on the throttle; after all, you have to grab it to control the bike and it has to take all the punishment of any grip. I ride a little leery now since failure far from home sucks.

You're welcome. It's a pretty decent unit, it's held up to me yanking on it like a madman lol. Those plastic ones that come in the kits are just trash, even being easy on it mine broke within 2 weeks. Also, searching for a cnc throttle on Amazon will turn up one with out a grip, if you want it sooner. Good luck with it đź‘Ť.

I ordered one from CDH. It is China and it'll take a couple weeks?????? But free shipping, Paypal, oh WTH. Mine should make it that long I hope.

I haven't ordered anything from cdh lately, but I did order from an ebay seller in China on 2/25. Got my order a day earlier than expected on 3/1, so hopefully you won't be waiting long. Probably best to keep the trips short till then.

I have a bbr set coming this week. I'll make some comments when I get it.

EDIT-
Got it.
Its still cheap, just prettier.
Carry on.

I got a really good one from Staton Inc 12 years ago. He still sells them. Everything is metal except for the rubber grip.

I also did mods to mine. The L bracket helps to stabilize the cable. The screw in the top keeps it from turning on the handlebar.

20220314_190851.jpg

20220314_190904.jpg

20220314_190839.jpg

Just lookiing for a better quality throttle. I've been through 2 of them from Gasbike, but they keep breaking. The little plastic piece in the handgrip that holds the throttle cable just isn't made for long-term use. Is there anybody who makes a decent throttle actuator handle that's made of metal, or that may last longer?
They said it before I could. lol
Cdh has a decent aluminum one
https://www.cdhpower.com/aluminum-throttle-handle-set-assorted-colors.html

I had to do some minor deburring and wrap some electrical tape around the barrel since the grip was a little loose, but its held up fine so far.

You said CDH, I :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: CDH, an I :love: u 2!!!

I ordered one from CDH. It is China and it'll take a couple weeks?????? But free shipping, Paypal, oh WTH. Mine should make it that long I hope.
CDH is usually within a week for me. Sometimes it's like 2 days. They have USA warehouses. 3 of them I know of. An they used to have 2 in Canada, but I heard they shut those down, because we all know how commie Canada is becoming. lol

Back