Good starter motorcycles

Frogslayer

Old ones are flat four. You can buy a new Harley that weighs 900 lbs! Watched a guy take his road test on one last year.

Frogslayer

Those look pretty nice. Never rode one yet. My BIL has an old maxim 400. Nice feel going down the road and can still whip a u turn in small garage. Goes 90. Runs right with my 1100, then after 90 i can keep going a little more.

Frogslayer

Painting cycles usually aren't so hard to do because of the small parts. Not overwhelming like a whole car. I'm going to paint my wing as soon the weather warms up. I was looking at colors and primers and clears just yesterday.

Timbone

I am thinking of buying a proper motorcycle. What do you guys think of the Suzuki TU250x, Kymco Spade 150, or an older Ninja 500 twin. I prefer cafe racer type bikes and not much of a cruiser/vtwin guy.
I’ve been looking at new motorcycles this Winter, hoping to buy one soon. I suspect we have similar tastes and expectations for our motorcycle. I want a small, nimble bike that’s comfortable and gets great gas mileage. I like Cafe Racer style bikes best, also.

Here’s how I ranked them:

1. Yamaha R3
  2. Suzuki TU250x
  3. Honda 300
  4. Ninja 300
  5. Honda 500
  6. Honda 250
Entry level KTM 390 didn’t make the list because it’s seat position is too aggressive. The BMW 325 looks interesting but I have concerns about reliability.