Tires GOOD TIRE FOR my 26" wheel ???

badmoon

Local time
6:20 PM
GOOD TIRE FOR my HAVING MORE SPEED ???

So those one are for a 650 c wheel . I NEED to know if we can have good one for 559 aka 26" wheel .

Look here -

fb70_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350078791819

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
No, those tires are made to fit skinny road rims which have a larger diameter than 26" cruiser/mtb rims. Plus being 21mm wide (less than an inch), I would think they would be pretty horrible on a MB.

For the added stress that an MB puts on tires I'd go with a tire designed for MTB freestyle (aka urban freeride). I listed a bunch of tires in this post.

Last edited:
You don't need to have high pressure to go fast. The reason you see the high psi on road bound tires is mostly to prevent pinch flats on those skinny wheels. True is does reduce rolling resistance on fatter, but not really by much. For most conditions 60 psi should be good whether human or engine power.

The only reason I take my fat tires higher (80 front/90 rear) is because I fly 8' in the air and do tricks where I land with all my weight (215 lbs) on one wheel on what is basically a 2.5" diameter pipe.

Using engine power you really should be worrying about flat prevention and contact patch size for traction. Of the two tires you posted I'd go with the 1.95.

Last edited:
Back