goped powerd mb friction drive

I have installed hp walbro 813 carb with H and L settings and accelerator pump , velocity stack and high flow filter. My motor has 2.5 hp now and redlines at 14000 rpm. When a rc motor is tuned for top end power the bottom end tends to suffer. The accelerator pump allows engine to recover faster when on and off the gas. I need no choke for cold starts because of accelerator pump. To start bike tap gas couple times and peddle ( direct friction drive no clutch) to start engine. Ride slow for about 10 seconds to let motor warm up and I am good to go. After a long ride I just ride slow to allow motor to cool. I am going to delete my pull starter since I do not use it and replace it with a air scoop ( probably a wast of money but it will look cool ). This Mb is cruising at 30 mph now with a .750 spindle. I am going to port the head and change exhaust hope to get about 3.5 hp.

My new project is done. BMX friction drive no choke, pull start or kill switch. Just get on and ride. I bought the bike from Toys " R " Us for $150.00. It is the least expensive bike I found with 48 spokes steel frame and a long top tube. I changed tires to a street tire that could hold 90 psi. Stock tires are to soft for friction drive. This bike rides better than my mountain bike mb. It just feels more solid and smooth. Bike is 41 lbs with l.5 liter of fuel. Surprisingly it feels very light with the motor powering it. I can easily jump curbs and street islands. brakes are next on list.

man very cool. I am working on the same project right now. Have a Zenoah G26 that I am going to use, has a clutch. Going to order an aftermarket goped friction setup for it and make a seat post mount like yours. Thats the part that was holding me up, couldn't think of a clean way to mount it. My GT hardtail I am using with 1.5 street tires doesn't have any rack mount tabs or anything, and is an aluminum frame. The seat post mount is the perfect answer. Should have it going for ~$100

Back