Got a free Tanaka 27cc!!!

Anyways... Back on topic. The 12.5" wheel I need isn't available for the Schwinn I wanted to build with this engine. Aww cwap face!

So im thinking about what to do with the Tanaka 27cc now??? Maybe a center mounted old school 24" GT with a left side drive hub for engine power, I think that would be fun.

Any thoughts? Im at kind of a loss here...

Well if you think he can do it on a "broke husband+father of 2" budget, OK, but it looks like $500 to me.

Are you talking about the bike or making the tanaka project? The bike is spendy yes but my only issue with it is I haul some tail and can't keep reins on my shifts, chains/derailleurs hate me!

The tanaka and scooter I wanted to build cost $5 so far. I think even if I need a custom wheel for the Schwinn, I'll be under $300.

Last edited:
20171004_184010.jpg
I got another one! Same engine with reverse on this drills reduction! Now I'm thinking twin engine Schwinn trike and if I need to back up for any reason I'll only start the one with reverse. If its set up with the drill reduction... It will need to be solid sprockets for reverse to function.

I may just use goped motor mounts/clutches, with freewheels. I also may experiment with different gearing and seperate throttles for a 2 speed kind of thing, though it would only be one engine powering at a time.

I think it would be fun to take off with both engines geared for torque and a top speed of 30ish. But maybe its better to use one engine for take off thats super high ratio and the other geared lower for higher speed.

I put this together for my 4 year old little girl. I wish my dad made me cool stuff like this! So my kids get cool stuff.
20171009_161424.jpg
20171009_161440.jpg
20171009_161526.jpg
20171009_161538.jpg

Well it runns! And its way too dangerous for my kid! The head angle is too steep and the steering is twitchy. Also all your weight is over the tiny rear tire so braking is bad too. I think I need a set of wheels/tires for the rear to make it a drift trike.

Its a death trap! I was seeing if the issues could be corrected. Testing at a very slow speed hit the gas and popped a wheelie, all my weight streched and snapped the small slide tube I welded on yesterday for the seat :( oh well it wasn't quite true with the frame because I used the deck mounting plate "that isn't true to the headtube". So now I can use a thicker walled tube stock and get it true. And a bit more forward of the previous location to help keep the front wheel down. It was fun for a day. The training wheels work as a wheelie bar so that's nice!

Good job Dchevygod. Ya gotta raise'em right. Expose'em to a bit of controlled danger:
548103_10150808924530803_197920548_n.jpg

The stock is cut short on te Daisy BB gun 'cuz all my kids learned to shoot with it since they were 4.
I hope I'm showing good form for a short stock BB gun? Usually I shoot it like a pistol.
How in heck do ya shoot with a skirt on? I dunno!

Back