CVT Got a pocket bike cvt xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazydan, do the right side HS-142F engine with the reverse CVT with a SBP freewheel. I have been wanting to do this and make it into a kit or guide for others, but I am working on a new eBike design so no money and time. would be great to see a build log and guide on it.
Wow same idea lol! I just now finished and posted the above but started writing it sometime before 9 this morning, had to start work so didn't get the last sentence in.

What you're saying is exactly what I want to do, only keep the cvt in my hub as a nuvinci and skip the auto shift.

Wow same idea lol! I just now finished and posted the above but started writing it sometime before 9 this morning, had to start work so didn't get the last sentence in.

What you're saying is exactly what I want to do, only keep the cvt in my hub as a nuvinci and skip the auto shift.

Yes, I think this is a good idea to flush out and document by an experience builder here. I've seen dchevygod do it and posted a picture of the setup he has in an older thread. See my post on 11/1/2017. The clear advantages compared to a conventional shifter is one less chain, cleaner, no jack shaft, no pricey cvt, and the cvt here is geared and not chain or belt.

https://motoredbikes.com/threads/2-speed-direct-drive-shifting-system.51106/

The thing stopping me right now is i can't seem to find a 9t 410 output sprocket with that funky star shaft pattern. I've got my grubee 4g 9t output sprocket sitting on top of the 18t t8f sprocket and looks like i can have a machine shop take off the extra material.
I'm searching my ass off for a 70t+ t8f sprocket with a 54mm ID to get the gear ratios i want using an 11t t8f sprocket off the cvt before the pedal chainring. I do want to use my feet through the variation phase, i heard these are prone to cracking the driver variator if you hang at the rpms they do their thing at too often.
I ultimately want to bring this to a socal motorized bicycle race, hopefully this October, with a regular 5:1 pocket bike reverse rotation tranny as the one to get there and a backup during the race just in case. I don't really trust the longevity of the pocketbike cvt-b, maybe I'll try using sleeves to use other 50cc cvt variators on my 4g and run single speed. It's up to my wallet, imagination and God.
Edit: i have an old 1974 sturmey archer internal 3 speed wheel off an old Schwinn i might try to fandangle into the mix. If i come to the race, I'm towing my trailer.

Last edited:
This project is currently on hold, my shaft going from the bell to the driver variator is bent. Can't find a replacement so gotta have a machine shop make a new one. Gonna just buy the full sbp jackshaft kit for now...

This project is currently on hold, my shaft going from the bell to the driver variator is bent. Can't find a replacement so gotta have a machine shop make a new one. Gonna just buy the full sbp jackshaft kit for now...

Hey Dan,
Would you be willing to sell the CVT?

Or this one for 69 dollars, which seems more realistic, then you can sell them on eBay for $800 and undercut the competition, people have actually bought the 1100 dollar ones so it must be worth a shot. http://www.racemotorparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=448

LOL I saw the ones on eBay also. Messaged them all to confirm the price and they are all sold out.

No luck getting in contact with anybody at racemotorparts either though...my luck is running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back