Got bike running, but it won't stop.

Emcee

Local time
11:18 AM
Hey guys,

I got the bike running, so when it started it just kept on going! I had to use the kill switch to stop the bike going into turns in my neighborhood. At one point the bike just sped up by itself. I feel like this thing is a death trap.

Second thing is, so I kept trying to blip the throttle and it was as if it didn't even matter.

Is the bike supposed to be at a stand still if I didn't use the throttle? Or am I supposed to use the clutch at stops. Couldn't find a video on it. I am having a barrel adjuster problem at no matter how adjust it the throttle cable still comes out

What do you mean it won't stop? Like when you pull in the clutch lever it doesn't do anything?

Hey guys,

I got the bike running, so when it started it just kept on going! I had to use the kill switch to stop the bike going into turns in my neighborhood. At one point the bike just sped up by itself. I feel like this thing is a death trap.

Second thing is, so I kept trying to blip the throttle and it was as if it didn't even matter.

Now my clutch is giving me problems. It will roll for 3/4 of the wheel and then it gets stuck. It was working fine before take off.
What do you mean it won't stop? Like when you pull in the clutch lever it doesn't do anything?
The clutch maybe adjusted to tightly and shows this once it is heated up making it to tight.

When adjusting the flower nut on the clutch, make sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place.

Tighten the flower nut until you can't turn the back wheel at all, from there, turn the nut counter clockwise a "notch" at a time until you get the wheel to turn freely by hand and stop right there and put the lock screw back in place at that notch where the wheel just starts to turn freely.

When you release the lever it should of course be totally locked up and at this point you should have it right.

The clutch maybe adjusted to tightly and shows this once it is heated up making it to tight.

When adjusting the flower nut on the clutch, make sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place.

Tighten the flower nut until you can't turn the back wheel at all, from there, turn the nut counter clockwise a "notch" at a time until you get the wheel to turn freely by hand and stop right there and put the lock screw back in place at that notch where the wheel just starts to turn freely.

When you release the lever it should of course be totally locked up and at this point you should have it right.
Fixed. Wheel got loose and was rubbing. Still have the throttle problem though

You need to pull in the clutch at stops. Your throttle cable sounds like it's out of adjustment or the wrong cable.

Check to see if the slide in the carb actually moves when you twist the throttle. Also, you might have a big air leak that's causing it to rev up when you don't give it throttle.

You need to pull in the clutch at stops. Your throttle cable sounds like it's out of adjustment or the wrong cable.
Actually it sounds like a major air leak.

Get a spray bottle with some water and spray down the intake side of the carb while it's running fast, not the air breather side. Pay close attention to the connection between the carb to intake and then again to the intake to cylinder.

When spraying, if the engine instantly dies, you've found the leak.

Got bike running, but it won't stop.​

You better invest in some better brakes for that bad boy b4 you get hurt.

So I adjusted the throttle but I notice this black stuff around the engine, similar to what's on the plug. I think I put too much oil in the gas.

Attachments

• IMG_20220717_130132170.jpg
    IMG_20220717_130132170.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 100
Back