got er running but two huge problems

kraash

Local time
5:33 PM
:cry:first i seem to have an air leak.. when ive been running and i throw the choke on it keeps on running as is.. need help there fo sure
second, on my first run the end of the muffler fell off and got run over. its all bent up.. i had to bend and beat the muffler pipe so many times i dont realy want to start with a new one. any suggestions? thanks =)

If applying the choke has no effect, then I'd wonder is that trouble isn't in the choke itself.
If you take off the air cleaner you'll see the choke assembly. Is the nut tight? If it is and the choke is working properly, then it would seem that you have a bad air leak. I sealed my intake up with RTV silicone sealer. Seems to work.

There's probably nothing to be done with your muffler. You could get a new one from most any of the sponsors on the list on the left of these pages. They're not expensive. Waiting for it will be a bigger hassle than price.

Good luck.

put a o-ring washer in the carb to intake and it will stop your airleak.
you can make a muffler endcap out of a tomato paste can it fits right over the muffler.
make a few holes on the end of the can,slide over end of muffler,use a large hose clamp on that.

put a o-ring washer in the carb to intake and it will stop your airleak.
you can make a muffler endcap out of a tomato paste can it fits right over the muffler.
make a few holes on the end of the can,slide over end of muffler,use a large hose clamp on that.

anyone have pics of the can mod?

seen that happen

second, on my first run the end of the muffler fell off and got run over

seen that happen
cousins end piece of muffler also fell off and ran over
until he received his new one

we cut one end off a beer can -- thicker can would work better
couple of (small) holes drilled into can bottom
can slips right over pipe
clamp in place

we shoved some heavy duty steel wool into can before forcing on tight to pipe

MM

i dont have a pic but i know a tomato past can will fit,make a couple holes and use a clamp.i was going to use one to make my muffler more quiet but decided not to,but it would work if your end cap fell off.

well i managed to get the muffler end bent back enough to reinstall it (this time with a lock washer) .. but i couldnt get the pipe part back on (not a welder) ... do you think this will be a problem?

The bigest problem is i used some gasket material to try and fix the intake air leak.. and i think i made it worse!!! theres smoke coming out around where the intake neck meets the engine..... PLEASE HELP !!!!!:sick:

Attachments

• IMG_6529.JPG
    IMG_6529.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_6530.JPG
    IMG_6530.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 145
Back