got my first Whizzer today!

Dave Beck

Local time
3:30 AM
Picked up my Whizzer today in Oklahoma City. I bought it off of ebay, but contacted the guy that owned it and got to look at it first before buying. It has a total of 121 miles and is a panther 2003. It would not start as he had 5 year old gas in it. The throttle slide was stuck, so I knew the carb woulod be crudded up.

When I got it home I dumped the old fuel, pulled the carb and cleaned and blew it our, put in fresh fuel and she started right up....WHAT A NEET RIDE!!!
I felt like a kid again and that actually felt good....(for a 58 year old grey haired toot!)

I had spoke to Quenton about the bike before I bought it and he is a world of information. I already have ordered the cylinder kit from him, and if it performs like he says whew, this is going to be real fun.

The panther as you all I am sure know was the striped down model, so I am looking for accesories if anyone might have some for sale, such as turn signal kit, luggage rack, mirrors would like to have them both. The tires look like new but weather cracked and I am thinking about replacing them would sure like to have some whitewalls for the bike. Any suggestions as to where I might buy them and what brand etc.?

I sure like reading the forum and I am learning alot from you guys, so keep the info flowing. I appreciate all the help in advance. I hope I posted this where it needed to be. If now let me know.

Thanks,
Dave Beck
Elk City, Oklahoma

whoohoo, dave! yup, the whizzer guys hanging out here sure are one knowledgeable and helpful bunch... :)

this post is fine here, or if you want to use it as a "fix-it-up" journal, we can move it into the "garage"...also, put together a list of what you need, what you think you need, and what you think you just can't live without, and post it in "buy/sell/trade" :cool:

We have at least 3 Whizzer gurus here. Quenton, Bill Green, and MotorbikeMike are goldmines of info when it comes to Whizzers. I have learned so much from them. I can't wait for warm weather to hit the northeast so I can ride too. Have fun with your ride.

Jim

Whizzer parts

HI I have the correct signal kit for your bike (out of production) and the backrack is in stock also! No setback seatposts yet tho, I need to check up on thet.

Mike

Mike
The setback seat posts are in at Whizzer. Not updated on the website yet. Just call them. I got mine.

Jim

Just checked on line and now they are listed and as being in stock.

Last edited:
Mine has the set back seat post I also have the fender tips (3) 2 on front and one on the rear.

Motorbike mike, pm or email me about the turn signal set and back rack. I also need a horn and a new battery......anyone got suggestions on the whitewall tires?

Thanks guys!
Dave Beck
drillmotordave@yahoo.com

Congrats Dave!

Happy for you. Understand about how the Whizzer makes you feel like a kid again, thats priceless stuff man!:D

Those batteries are used in security systems. I bought my battery at Fry's Electronics. (They're on the left coast, I don't know if they are in Oklahoma.)

I searched the internet and found allelectronics.com for a battery on the Whizzer. It's 12 volt @ 1.3Ah battery and it's the right size for the cover. The price was $10.00 plus $7.00 for shipping from Cal to Mi. Bought it on 2/26/08 arrived 3/03/08, installed it today and it works....Regards.....Ed

Back