Got the belt on. Now wont start unless its rolling forward

Gstrampe925

Local time
7:54 PM
Wont idle. Spark plug wont come out. Soon as I put the bel on the clutche wont disengage. I got it start by rolling ot and pulling the cord.

Attachments

• 15578085220375091807080338345147.jpg
    15578085220375091807080338345147.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 165
From my experience with this make sure the top 3 alan keys on top are tighten1.png

then on your clutch bell make sure that it's not warped in any way cause i got one that was

also make sure your belt isn't to tight, slowly loosen the belt(not too loose) and see if you can freely spin your tire with hand with easy if so try again

Sounds like the clutch is binding up. Mine did that too out of the box, I had to put stronger springs in the clutch. Bell was okay, but broke later and had to be replaced. Been holding up 8 years now.

I don't have any hands-on experience with the tapered-shaft clutch, but it looks pretty straightforward. Check to make sure your bell can spin around the clutch. Clutch bells can be out of round and clutches can be defective.

I loosend the belt as much as I could and its still very tight. its hard to even roll the bike unless your pulling the cord but then when it starts it all frees up

All signs of something in your clutch system binding. When you're off the bike and it is running, does it want to pull on it's own? If so, you maybe have 1 weak spring on your clutch, making one shoe grab a little bit. Without a freewheel on your transmission output, everything to the clutch bell will spin when you pedal the bike with engine off. If it can't spin, you obviously have a clutch system issue.

All signs of something in your clutch system binding. When you're off the bike and it is running, does it want to pull on it's own? If so, you maybe have 1 weak spring on your clutch, making one shoe grab a little bit. Without a freewheel on your transmission output, everything to the clutch bell will spin when you pedal the bike with engine off. If it can't spin, you obviously have a clutch system issue.

that would work but one problem, the type of clutch he runs does not use a spring

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 164
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 154
I have an idea. Oil your oilite bushing (the bronze "spacer" that the bell rides on the shaft with). If that thing seizes to the shaft and bell it will bypass the clutch. If this is the case, I hope your shaft is ok.

I have an idea. Oil your oilite bushing (the bronze "spacer" that the bell rides on the shaft with. If that thing seizes to the shaft and bell it will bypass the clutch. If this is the case, I hope your shaft is ok.
already told him this lol even told him to make sure them alan keys on top where tight because when i got mine they where loose as a goose.
i also had to take my back sprocket off and oil that

Back