Got the bones

Axl Myk

Local time
8:15 PM
I picked up a Schwinn Point Beach yesterday, baby seat included. Nice bike with 7 speed, great tires and paint. Now all I need is a motor kit.
I put a Ridgeyard motor on one of my builds. It ran great right out of the box, so I'll get one for this bike. For $105 on ebay it's a good deal.
More to come down the road. I have all winter to build it.

Attachments

• 20221113_102700.jpg
    20221113_102700.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20221113_191508.jpg
    20221113_191508.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 96
I have built several Point Beaches. I like them. Have one now that has been a Ebike, fitted with a CG, and now a Minarelli conversion. My only complaint is since its a multi speed there is no adjustment for chain tensioning. Unless you get lucky, the chain lines may require two idlers.

I cut the chains close to fit. The idler doesn't take so much torque on it then.
Many pics of full length chains on bikes, with the idler back by the axle, so they didn't have to cut the chain. Spokes dissappear that way..

I picked up a Schwinn Point Beach yesterday, baby seat included. Nice bike with 7 speed, great tires and paint. Now all I need is a motor kit.
I put a Ridgeyard motor on one of my builds. It ran great right out of the box, so I'll get one for this bike. For $105 on ebay it's a good deal.
More to come down the road. I have all winter to build it.
Looks like nice bike.... here is a quote from the Classic and Antique Bike group 7 years ago:

"This is nothing old, classic, or antique, so I hope you didn't pay too much for it. Most of your modern day bikes from Huffy, Murray, and Schwinn are not great quality. They're nice for someone who rides on occasion and not as a hobby or lifestyle. Schwinn went bankrupt in 1993 for the last time and they went under as a company. Murray, Roadmaster, and Huffy followed suit. Today's Schwinn's are a "Schwinn" in name only. This bike is around 5-10 years old, worth maybe $50-$75 tops in my area."

Looking forward to the build. Looks much like my last "huffy" build on a similar aged cantilever frame.

Back