got the engine in!!yohooo!!!

F

foyeburger

spent all day trying to figure out how to mount this engine one homemade motor mount and a little of this and that and a few suggestions from this forum and she's in
141_IMAGE_00100_1.jpg

141_IMAGE_00102_1.jpg

141_IMAGE_00099_1.jpg

used the muffler clamps its solid but i already had drilled the hole for the mount so had to leave the nut and bolt there and use the clamps but it sure made it solid wished i could have read the post sooner i think it would have worked just fine with the muffler clamps oh well next time
now to begin the sprocket chain stuff i can tell already that i cannot use the fatty tire just not enough clearance same thing happened with my rat fink had to use a 24x2.125 so there is no rubbing on the tire thats the latest update to my current project larry ca

Hey, you're coming right along 8)

Here's a pic of a couple of Nirve Switchblades a friend from Canada put motors on. He made the tanks that are mounted below the top tubes. I've been trying to find his website. I think he's got more pics of details.

218154944.jpg

sweet I was going to do one of those but when i found this one I'm going to do it instead
159_Chopper2_1.jpg

foyeburger said:
spent all day trying to figure out how to mount this engine one homemade motor mount and a little of this and that and a few suggestions from this forum and she's in
141_IMAGE_00100_1.jpg

141_IMAGE_00102_1.jpg

141_IMAGE_00099_1.jpg

used the muffler clamps its solid but i already had drilled the hole for the mount so had to leave the nut and bolt there and use the clamps but it sure made it solid wished i could have read the post sooner i think it would have worked just fine with the muffler clamps oh well next time
now to begin the sprocket chain stuff i can tell already that i cannot use the fatty tire just not enough clearance same thing happened with my rat fink had to use a 24x2.125 so there is no rubbing on the tire thats the latest update to my current project larry ca

Foyeburger if you lower the motor and move it forword you can add a small jackshaft to it to fit any sixe tire
159_f548_12_1.jpg

you can get #41 10 tooth jackshaft cogs at masterlowrider dot com

Larry, great job on your mount. I think I mentioned in another thread that I have a Deviate that is very similar to your Switchblade so I am watching your build closly. To get around your tire you could also offset your engine about half an inch on the drive side and that should clear the tire. I'm thinking when I do mine I will mount my engine further forward for a better look and have a short jack shaft to go around the tire.

Dave, awsome choice in bikes. Choppers US is a great company and a pleasure to deal with. Let us know when you have this bike and how you build it up. I'm sure you know this but others here may be interested in the fact that the rear tire on that bike is a 24X4 that has not been released to the public as of yet. Chop on...Kelly
garza.gif

i think cookie really really likes your bike ;)

i can remove the double post if ya want, it's more fun leavin it in tho

Back