Got the Engine.... now what?

MichRider said:
Im using a mountain bike. There is no extra room in the cable. If I try to wrap it around the bike, even loosly, to keep it from hanging where it will get caught, it pulls the clutch. Beyond that, i think the clutch is good to go.

Don't wrap it around the bike, try to make gentle "S" turns and use some zipties to loosely hold it in place.

ok, Im think im good with everything but I still have top put the muffler on, just need to bend it. I have a problem though.... the rear tire wont move. Is there a way to disengage the chain from the engine? The wheel moves but with much resistance and when it moves I hear the piston moving... pedaling is impossible, even with the clutch pulled (is that what the clutch does?) Thanks so much for your help guys! ...oh... and how do you start it?

I would venture to guess your clutch is not pulled tight enough so its not fully disengaging. If the piston moves that explains the problem pretty much. Make that clutch cable tighter :)

As for starting it once you get the cable pulled so that you can pedal easy then you let the clutch out and BWAA BWAA it should start. Have the choke in the up position for starting.

I pressed the clutch arm itself hard with my hand and I still had the problem. What else could it be?

it _REALLY_ needs to be pressed hard when you use your hand... I am talking to the degree of PAIN in the hand... It leaves dents in my hand and actually the end where the cable goes through cut me slightly I pushed it so hard.

have somebody grab the bike on one side and you push your guts out.. thats about how hard I have to do it :eek:

Hope that helps some

OK!!! We're good to go! Just need to stuick the muffler on (have to take it to work to do that then its cruisin' time. I'll get pics up asap. It looks realy cool, although the mountain bike looks like its been ridden hard a
nd so jerry-rigging was need to adapt the aparatus to the bike, im proud of it! ....now lets just hope it starts....

Thanks guys, I owe ya all one!

Well nuts.... my chain kept locking before I got it started, so i had to remount the engine to fix the angle..... the end piece to the clutch cable popped off and is in the weeds somewhere and since i remounted the engine, my chain isnt long enough so i need another master link to add more links....
The first time starting, should it take a bit to get going? The is also a lever on the air intake part of the carborator, what is that? its in some asian lang.
So that was a very bad test drive and now i need some new parts.

MichRider said:
Well nuts.... my chain kept locking before I got it started, so i had to remount the engine to fix the angle..... the end piece to the clutch cable popped off and is in the weeds somewhere and since i remounted the engine, my chain isnt long enough so i need another master link to add more links....
The first time starting, should it take a bit to get going? The is also a lever on the air intake part of the carborator, what is that? its in some asian lang.
So that was a very bad test drive and now i need some new parts.

that lever on side of carb is choke
search choke on the forum and you will get lots of info

ooooook....so i got the parts last night and got them on, it all looked good. So i took it out for a test drive today and finally got it to go...... for only about 30 seconds. It was weak (i didnt go full throttle though as Dax's website advises not to for breaking it in) and like i said, it was short lasting. After that i got it to go just a bit but it wouldn't last for long or have any power. And it was also very jumpy..... any advice? The chain is on snug now with just a very little bit of slack and everything else appears to be in good order.
Help!
Thanks

Back