Got the Engine.... now what?

MichRider said:
ok its running now but its not constant. Its very jerky and the jerking has a bit of rhythm but there are a lot of rest in its beat.. for instance, "l"=the pop that gives me power "."=the time between pops. ..l..l..l..l........l..l..l......l..l..l..l..l..l....l..l....l..l..
Does that make any sense at all? lol I did my best to describe it. The engine putting out power has a bit of rhythm of it isnt constant.... thats about the best way I do it...

Also I was trying to keep it under 20 mph like it says on dax page for the break in.... but it wont go past 15mph. I hit 15 then noticed i was at full throttle... It hit 19 earlier but now it wont go past 15. and 19 wasnt even full throttle.

I would suggest reading this
http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1106
and try to eliminate what you know is working right and that should leave you with where the prob is (I think it is either your needle needs to be adjusted or your idle screw), but by reading that post, it will give you a better understanding of the diagosing of problems

don't worry dude, we have all been there and we WILL get you going !!!
8) 8) 8)

miserable time mounting engine

I have had my bike 1mo and the engine did not mount well on this mountain bike, needless to say a had to install new bolts on the front mount to reach around the frame. Problem, one bolt broke off and is flush with engine casing anyone know the best way to remove old bolt from block. I've tried drilling it out with not much luck and I hate to strip it. Next option is to mount it through frame if i can remove bolt.

Back