got to love Ca DMV regarding MBs

Just do it

You need help? If you don't cause a problem then you won't attract one. The laws here are reasonable for MBs. Really no GRAVITY?? I want to see this.

after riding close to a year

If you don't cause a problem then you won't attract one.

The laws here are reasonable for MBs.

after riding close to a year now in Calif
this sure does seem to be the case
never stopped yet
a few have looked at my Calif motorized license plate and drove by

it's just a bicycle with a little motor !!!!

any state or country that is down on these (((little))) THINGS = clueless

as seen from up top the mountain

Hear we go again! Everyone jilted of what the law is........ 25mph and 48cc or less. I've now been questioned by Police three times in last {3} months. First, They're not sure the slightest bit, second, If you send in form to DMV {18.00 bucks one time fee} you get plate and actual registration printout, and third, JUST RIDE THE THING! It's a bicycle with a motor- don't trip!

yes here we go again

Hear we go again! Everyone jilted of what the law is........ 25mph and 48cc or less. I've now been questioned by Police three times in last {3} months. First, They're not sure the slightest bit, second, If you send in form to DMV {18.00 bucks one time fee} you get plate and actual registration printout, and third, JUST RIDE THE THING! It's a bicycle with a motor- don't trip!

in Calif it's as stated on the paper work for license plate
under 30 miles per hour
no mention of cc's ??
under 2 hp

nobody's tripping
just trying to get the correct information out there

as we ride the heck out of those THINGS

In CA, you do NOT need to have a license to ride a MB. You just need to be 16 years or older, wear a bicycle helmet, and stay on the bicycle lanes or portion of the road meant for bicycles. Do not go on bicycle paths, sidewalks, or roadways, unless to make a left turn or something. Oh and do not exceed 20 mph.

That doesn't mean you won't get hassled by the man. But if you are a smart rider, you won't do anything to attract the wrong attention to yourself.

I've been riding motorcycles since HS. Currently riding crotch rockets. Talk about a cop magnet! Chick magnet too BTW, but that's another story! Anyway, I've learned early on to not do anything to attract cop attention to my activity. When you drive a crotch rocket, you WILL speed. Everyone knows this! It's like flying an F16...you will go FAST! But knowing where and when to use the performance is the key to keeping the cops off your back.

Oh and it helps not to ride passed a bored motorcycle cop! LOL!

In CA, you do NOT need to have a license to ride a MB. You just need to be 16 years or older, wear a bicycle helmet, and stay on the bicycle lanes or portion of the road meant for bicycles. Do not go on bicycle paths, sidewalks, or roadways, unless to make a left turn or something. Oh and do not exceed 20 mph.

That doesn't mean you won't get hassled by the man. But if you are a smart rider, you won't do anything to attract the wrong attention to yourself.

I've been riding motorcycles since HS. Currently riding crotch rockets. Talk about a cop magnet! Chick magnet too BTW, but that's another story! Anyway, I've learned early on to not do anything to attract cop attention to my activity. When you drive a crotch rocket, you WILL speed. Everyone knows this! It's like flying an F16...you will go FAST! But knowing where and when to use the performance is the key to keeping the cops off your back.

Oh and it helps not to ride passed a bored motorcycle cop! LOL!

yep, well said...

a man on a 2 feet high motorcycle doing 60 down the road,yeah that wont draw any attention from the cops,just aswell get a monkey with a accordian and put him in a sidecar.

maybe well said but wrong.
you do need an M2 endorsement on a valid CA DL to operate a MB in the state of California . says so in the chp guide and i have been pulled over and asked for it.

maybe well said but wrong.
you do need an M2 endorsement on a valid CA DL to operate a MB in the state of California . says so in the chp guide and i have been pulled over and asked for it.

M2 Endorsement is only if you are operating a Moped.

MB's are not mopeds. There are enough people in Socal who tried to register their MB's as mopeds but was refused. How are you suppose to get an M2 endorsement unless you have a motorcycle/scooter/moped? Surely the courts do not expect you to borrow someone elses motorcycle? Arguments such as this has the courts dropping the charges.

CA Vehicle Code is vague regarding MB. They lump them along with electric bicycles. Under that code, you are limited to where you can operate it and what speeds, and power level.

Of course, if you talk to two different courts, you will get two differing opinions. Again this is due to the vehicle code being vague. It all depends on how you argue your case.

Back