Grease

Carcher

Local time
7:04 AM
Is there a way to LUBE the small bb,s behind Clutch plate? Disassemble? Thx any help

I've tried a toothpick with bearing grease but you can't really get very much past that seam. maybe a little bit of oil can be dropped in, but it's really a poor design and you can almost count on it failing anytime after abt 750-1000 miles tho some have said they got 2000mi.
it's press fitted at the factory but if it's shot, it'll come apart bcs some of the balls get flats on them. I think my new clutch assembly was $23 when the original went @ 850miles

I've tried a toothpick with bearing grease but you can't really get very much past that seam. maybe a little bit of oil can be dropped in, but it's really a poor design and you can almost count on it failing anytime after abt 750-1000 miles tho some have said they got 2000mi.
it's press fitted at the factory but if it's shot, it'll come apart bcs some of the balls get flats on them. I think my new clutch assembly was $23 when the original went @ 850miles
thanks much

Is there a way to LUBE the small bb,s behind Clutch plate? Disassemble? Thx any help

A spray can of lithium grease using a nozzle and button from a spray can of carb cleaner. You can give the thin little nozzle a bit of a squish by rolling a piece of pipe over it so it fits into the slot between the clutch pad carrier plate and back plate. Use sparingly you don't want to fling the excess grease out onto the friction discs.

Back