Grease

Deeman69

Local time
1:13 PM
Rear ball bearing (small dia one) blew out on me the other day on my Huffy 26". Then it discombobulated my coaster brake arm when the axle went slack in the hub housing. It's an old wheel assy, so I'm just going to replace the complete wheel assy and make a few other changes to the chain tensioner and the sprocket attachment.
I should have repacked those bearings when I put the engine kit on it. But I'm wondering what bearing grease ya'll recommend? I thank you in advance for your advice!

Attachments

• huffy_03.jpg
    huffy_03.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 134
Rear ball bearing (small dia one) blew out on me the other day on my Huffy 26". Then it discombobulated my coaster brake arm when the axle went slack in the hub housing. It's an old wheel assy, so I'm just going to replace the complete wheel assy and make a few other changes to the chain tensioner and the sprocket attachment.
I should have repacked those bearings when I put the engine kit on it. But I'm wondering what bearing grease ya'll recommend? I thank you in advance for your advice!
Sweet ride!!! And Wrench answered what I was going to say, red and tacky.

Okay, I was going to mention it when you first joined and posted your bike. But, I thought maybe someone else would bring it up, get rid of the coaster brake. There are suitable rim brakes that will fit your Huffy frame.

Anything not that critical go to a car lube place with jagger they well give you a shot I did something stupid like buy a big can of it and in the last 2 or 3 years used just a pinch of it once, just more garbage lying around can't throw it away has some value might need another pinch of it next year.

Anything not that critical go to a car lube place with jagger they well give you a shot I did something stupid like buy a big can of it and in the last 2 or 3 years used just a pinch of it once, just more garbage lying around can't throw it away has some value might need another pinch of it next year.
You have to clean your clutch and put new grease more often.

I ride so much I have to regrease the clutch and my wheel bearings etc, 10 times or more a year. I could let it go a little longer, but why when I want it to last as long as possible. That and a can of grease lasts forever, might as well make sure I have fresh fresh where it's needed.

Back