Great Ride

Bgard

Local time
1:51 AM
Today I ventured out on the first long ride since assembling my ride. I found it quite enjoyable and worry free. I have been about three weeks tweakin the bugs out of it. Today ran good. It still wants to 4 cycle abit at WOT but I can handle that. I know it is getting enough fuel that way. Also pulling my fat ass must be hard on it 250 or so. Ya I know take the motor of and loose weight. Oh well good run today and looking for many more.:D

Glad to hear it. Since you're new (first build?), I'll offer just a bit of advice that you didn't ask for.

Keep an eye on your motor and make sure that it's staying exactly where you put it. Any movement will give you drive train troubles. Keep an eye on your wheel bearings. The vibration makes odd items come loose. So you'll want to keep an eye on everything, really.

Don't take the motor off to lose weight, though. A much better idea is to keep a working pedal bicycle on hand. Then when your motor bike is down for any reason, you can pedal around. You get some great exercise that way.

I have a ebike as a backup. I wanted a gasser for the long rides my battery won't last. Thanks for the info. I am a maintenance mech. so I know all about checking things twice. Any how great to be a member of this fine place.

Back