Great Site!

John62

Local time
10:53 AM
Hi
I'm new to the whole motorbike thing. In years past I had alot of dirt bikes and road bikes but after having a family I gave it up. Now with one kid gone and the other only a few years away, I thought it might be fun to ride again. The best part is I can ride and feel good that I'm spending alot less on gas. I was going to build an electric bike when I stumbled across the two stroke add ons and felt this would be a good place to start since its intitial cost is lower and there is less weight. I will be buying an engine soon (as soon as I can get the snow covered tarp off my mountain bike). I always like to do alot of research before starting any project and thats how I found this forum, its great!!! I have already learned alot and will be here after I get my motor to look for ways to improve performance. Thanks to all who make this site possible.
John

Hey John, Perfect! Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

You made it home,John. You'll find a whole lot of us are around the same age with the same situation and the same desire to be cool. :cool:

WELCOME to MBc!

Hello and welcome John. It sounds like your off to a great start. You can learn much here but we also want to hear your thoughts and ideas. Have fun.

Jim

hi

welcome John, yes there is allot to read, i started at the beggining which is the last page on most of the forums and worked my way to the present...someone has asked the very question you might be thinking...lol good luck and glad your here...once you figure out what you want and buy it...do start a thread in picture gallery and let us see your joys and frustratons...good luck and happy motoring!:D

Back