great stuff, how can i get it in Australia?

ashbyd

Local time
12:01 AM
Hello , i am very new to all this but i am blown away by how amazing the bikes are. I am keen to get something but i dont know where to start especially living in Australia, can anyone make any recommendations ?

i would love to get a completed bike ultimately , or just happy getting an engine in kit form to start out with until then. Which engines ones are prefereable ?

gotta start by getting a bike... what kind are you interested in??? The type of bike you choose will determine the engine configuration and size.

Welcome - first thing you will need to get around is just how nastily illegal gas motored bikes are in Australia and even some crazy electric bikes laws. Kinda restrictive, people do seem to ignore the laws or only ride on their own property.

yes you need to read up regarding some recent changes in your MB laws

if you live in a small town maybe the local pooolice will be ok with MB's
I would at least ask the pooolice before buying one

MM

i didnt know there were any laws ?? **** . Ok i will look into them, i met a guy recently who has a 49cc who gets around on it because he lost his licence. he claims thats what he tells the police and they are fine with it, but then he also said he normally gets away from them, so maybe they are stricter than he leads on. i dont see the laws stopping me inquiring. i have manage to get my self a bike on the cheap that i want to setup for my dad ( he lives by the river away from police ) so i am curious what engine to put on it. its pretty big cruiser i would say there are lighter bikes around my dad is pretty big himself. would 4 stroke be better at pulling him than a 2 stroke ? are there preferable engines ?

Back