Great Weather

65°f here today. Great weather!!! On homemade dirt trails on Cross Creek!!!
20220402_161737.jpg

Not So Great Weather,

But I managed to get out anyway, nice thing when it's gloomy/chilly, everyone stays inside, all the more road to myself. The friction drive is proving to be the go-to, no hassle gas bike, no clutching, pedal starts, and a lot less maintenance. The feature of being able to pop the motor up, and ride as a standard bike is a big plus when in areas that are noise sensitive. Only downside is the noise of the 2 stroke, and range, even with my aluminum 22 oz. bottle I'm only good for about 12-16 miles, there a lot of hills around here. The speed and acceleration of this set-up makes for quicker trips than my trusty Solex. All in for about $500, it's far superior to an e bike set-up at that price.

Attachments

• FR1.jpg
    FR1.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 116
  • FR2.jpg
    FR2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 109
20220207_193219.jpg

I can give you the dimensions for the 3 bolts it take to mount a 1.5l RAD gas tank on the side of the kit. 45 -/+ on range. All about less fuel handling and less plastic glove waste.

I can sell you spacers and the bolts/tee nuts for installation, all you need to do is drill the holes in the accurate spacing.

Same tanks I use on my kit. But I make a new 1/8 thick neoprene gasket for the cap. since the one it comes with is a 16th of an inch and craps out

PM me if you want to know more.

Thanks, that looks like a good option. The 2.5 HP is way more thirsty than my Solex, that little front drive rig will get almost 50 miles on the small tank, but it wont climb steep hills at 20 MPH like my rear drive bike.

Attachments

• SOL1.jpg
    SOL1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 115
  • SOL2.jpg
    SOL2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 113
Thanks, that looks like a good option. The 2.5 HP is way more thirsty than my Solex, that little front drive rig will get almost 50 miles on the small tank, but it wont climb steep hills at 20 MPH like my rear drive bike.
Centurion what is the round puck looking thing on front wheel assembly below the engine? Is that a counter weight to help tame the steering since engine is mounted on steer axle.

Yep, exhaust, the little bike is very quiet, I get away with riding it in a lot of areas no problem, a lot of people under 60 years old don't even know what these were:unsure: The front mounted motor handling is hardly noticeable, I think the engine weighs about 12 lbs full. Parts are still easily available, they're a nice non-Chinese motorized bicycle to have in a collection, I like it.

Yep, exhaust, the little bike is very quiet, I get away with riding it in a lot of areas no problem, a lot of people under 60 years old don't even know what these were:unsure: The front mounted motor handling is hardly noticeable, I think the engine weighs about 12 lbs full. Parts are still easily available, they're a nice non-Chinese motorized bicycle to have in a collection, I like it.
I like it too, used to have one when I was a kid. It seemed like 60mph back then. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah treatland.tv.com has lots of solex parts.

Sears kits had a similar exhaust and it was amazing how much quieter it makes the engine noise.

I've thought about tearing it apart and replicate a version for the 29ccs I use.

It's just laying around, I have no complete kit the parts are so hard to find.

Back