Greensboro NC- Putting wings on a Motored Bike

easy there...neat video, but i think the one link will do...at MBc we worry about MBc traffic and how to increase it.

what i did to promote our motoredbikes is build a motoredbike...pretty neat how that works out.

Oops

"easy there...neat video, but i think the one link will do..."

Sorry, I caught my mistake too late. I'll be more careful in the future.

I'm also a partner in a new advertising company. Our customers pay up front, buy ads for 30 days and the website owner gets paid at the end of the 30 day run. Website owners approve all ads before they run. Rates are based on traffic but you'll know up front how much you're going to get paid. If you'd like to buy or sell ads email idleblogs (AT) yahoo.com

Again, I'm sorry and will behave better in the future. I hope to learn a lot here so that when my own brand of products go on sale they will address the needs and problems users here are already having. Fact is: There's lots of great kits out there but they are all slightly lacking. I hope to change that.

PS. I can also help MB get into retailing (no charge) just as I have done with StreetPlanes.c.... , no pots of gold. And if anyone wants free blog hosting for a bicycle blog I can provide that too.

You have to admit, god loves small children and crazy people. He makes sure we all stand out and find each other. Love the bike and your stand on the cause. Stay at altitude.

From Wired magazine-

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/multimedia/2007/10/gallery_bike_hacks

(when you click the link, at the bottom of the article, there are 10 pix of bikes, like the one with the grocery cart for a front end)

Bike Hackers Get Whimsical With Two-Wheelers
By Sonia Zjawinski
See related story:
10.17.07 | 12:00 AM
Bicycles, like cars, are chock-full of parts that can be replaced, but simply switching out silver aluminum rims for hot-pink ones is child's play. Welcome to the world of bike modding, where bicyclists get creative and turn their two-wheelers into rolling works of art and artifice.

From upgrading their bikes' usefulness -- with built-in grocery carts, railway attachments, snowshoes and the like -- to just pimping them out with sound systems and arty add-ons, bicycle tinkerers work to improve the standard two-wheel ride in ways both practical and phantasmagorical.

Left: Built by starving poet Billy Jones of Greensboro, North Carolina, this hybrid ride is powered by both pedal and gasoline. While it can't get airborne -- the bike's propeller is just a ceiling fan -- it can reach 20 mph and gets 100 miles per gallon. "The design was trial and error," says Jones, who built the Wackemall using parts from different junk bikes, a futon and assorted pieces of scrap steel. "Weld it together, take it down the road, and grind off what didn't work before welding something else on."

It took Jones and his brother $700 and three months of nights and weekend labor to finish the Wackemall. Using what they've learned, the pair now sells motorized bike kits, but customers beware: You may have some trouble convincing officials that your ride is legal. The day after he finished his street plane, Jones rode it in his town's annual Independence Day parade. On his way home, he was stopped by the North Carolina Highway Patrol. After 30 minutes of calls to his dispatcher and the local Department of Motor Vehicles, the copper finally let Jones and his barely street-legal chopper go.

Photo: Billy Jones

Attachments

• Wackemall.jpg
    Wackemall.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 197
Hey, I know that guy!

The bald headed guy in the picture is my Brother-with-no-name.

He's camera shy and ducks every time I try to take his picture.

Yeah, I am a bit of a nut but my nuttyness puts money in my pocket.

Seems to me back in the day, some folks thought Albert Einstein was a bit nutty too ! Personally, I think it's absolutely brilliant ! You Sir, are my hero ! I would have to get a leather bombadeer's hat with the goggles lol. Love it !

Back