Greetings and salutations

welcome to MBc ! :D
maybe you could tell us a little about yourself so we know who/what we are dealing with ? :D

Last edited:
Re Greetings and salutations

I am somewhat unfamiliar with this forum and the rest of my post went who knows where, so here it is again.
Howdy
My name is Morgan, I am 57, I live in Carlsbad Ca. I was a bicycle mechanic in the sixties in a large Scwinn shop in Newport Beach for several years..the sixties bike boom. I worked in a small shop in San Francisco for a spell while attending S.F. State. During the seventies I designed, built, flew, sold, crashed, and repaired hang gliders and ultralight aircraft. It was kind of a Wright Bros. thing. After surviving that I had the extreme priviledge and honor to work with master framebuilder Mario Confente at Masi America. There I was initiated into the dark art of framebuilding by the Pablo Picasso of the industry. Several years later, after Marios untimely death I got away from the bicycle business, still maintaining my collection however. I ended up in the car biz, I worked as a VW and Porsche tech, ran a hippy VW garage in Leucadia into the eighties (best time of my life...boy howdy!). I tinkered with sailboats, airplanes (got pilot's liscence) motorcycles (have 5...3 honda trail bikes) race cars whathaveyou. I have been employed at a Honda dealer for the last 18years. So you could say i'm a motorhead. Lately I have been re-evaluating some of my early dreams and goals having come to the realization that is very fleeting afterall. I have decided to persue framebuilding again. Specifically cargo bikes. I have 2 Schwinn cycle trucks in my collection a thirties US Postal veteran and the very last cycletruck Schwinn built (that's an interesting story..another day). I plan to build electric hybrid cargo bikes. I will use the posty as a test bed. I saw the green cycletruck in the gallery here and was drawn hence.
So that's my story and I am sticking to it.
Any ideas, help, thoughts, suggestions, jokes, etc would be appreciated.
Peace out, Morgan
left coast, lower left hand corner

Welcome! I was a gearhead myself but not at the level you seem to have been.
It was always a dream of mine to someday build a car from the frame up but nowadays a quality build in my mind I simply don't have the money for. So building my bike seems the logical next step up. Much cheaper yet the same satisfaction.
Your hybrid cargo idea sounds cool.

love the nick skidblam! welcome ! sounds like youll be a great addition to the forum!

Back