Greetings from a new member

mild one

Local time
11:15 AM
Hi,my chosen name is "mild one".I am a newbie and as yet have no motor for my bike.Am trying to get hold of a Rotary brand bike with motor( made in Australia),however they are horrible expensive.Trying to Ebay a second hand one.Will drop thread when have done so.

Welcome. I have always felt that kindred spirits live in Australia....Austrailia is to the world as Texas is to the United States....filled with hard working free thinking people.
(no offence professor.....I also admire the hard working, steady drive of New Yorkers also.)

Thanks Stan4D

Thanks for the kind words Stan,I have travelled to the United States twice so far,the last time to New York,Boston and your amazing Capitol, Washington.Had a complete good time.While I was In New York I did stay in Harlem,great people and it was strange being just about the only white face.Sunday in Harlem should be experienced once by everybody.The shopping on 125th street is really something.

Regards, Wal

Thanks to Professor

Hi Professor, Thanks, you and Stan make me feel welcome,also looks like we are around the same age!Oldies rule!
Will post a motored bike subject as soon as I get hold of one.I have the perfect bike for me but as yet no motor,am ebaying as hard as I can!.

Love the USA and her people,always have always will.

Wal

Reply to Swifty

Hi Swifty, Originally from Sydney but have moved up the coast to a seaside town called Forster-Tuncurry.These are 2 small towns joined up by a bridge.I am in the Tuncurry side(which is the best side of course).This place is like paradise to me. The general area is called "Great Lakes" so of course we have lakes,the sea,beaches and just inland a mountain range.
The area is flat and great for pushbikes but of course I want that little motor to help with the hills and for general fun.And that is the only downside of this place,it is hard to pick up the motor I want without travelling to Sydney(3-4 hours trip) But it looks like I may have to do that.
Where are you from Swifty?.The Professor and Stan have also replied to me and I forgot to ask where they are from.
Dont worry if my replies come at strange times as we are on different time zones. Nice to hear from you.

Wal

Extra message for Swifty

Sorry Swifty just noticed you are a Banana Bender!,Love Brissy to long since I visited the place.

M.O. (Wal)

to stan 4D

Hi Stan4D,Well I have been to Texas.Drove thru and stayed in a little place called Central. I was on my way to New Orleans at the time,I came from California and saw a lot of Texas on the way.I was on my honeymoon with my new Wife,this was back in the seventies tho,quite a way back. I do remember that the people we met on the way were really friendly and really interested that we were from Australia,best of all they understood our accent and we never had to repeat anything, I guess we both have a drawl!
Your Town sounds like it may be small like where I live,Lot to said for small Towns'

Mild One (Wal)

Back