greetings from australia, hope to get some advice on my bike

C

chrisalchin

g'day guys im new here, my names chris and im from sydney australia, im currently begining work on motorizing a one off custom lowride push bike, im torn as to whicch direction to go, petrol or electric, im leaning towards an 80cc petrol as they are cheaper, have better power and better range, but mounting and petrol engine in my lowrider is going to be no easy task. see pic below. the chain is gonna get massivly in the way. i fear my only option will be a hub mounted electric engine. however i must comute 25 miles a day, and i way about 220 lbs, i dont think the electric engine can keep up my target speed of aboute 30-35 mph... any help would be muchly appreciated.

sorry guys, cant seem to upload a pic, it saying i need at least 1 legitament post? i thought i had one already?

1030_low_4.jpg

you kidding? flame that frame? no way, chrisalchin, it's neat :)

you'll be fabricating a mount system, but a chinese-engine will fit on that nicely, hope to see it happen soon.

welcome to MBc 8)

cheers guys, im really keen on this one particular kit ive seen, i just cant work out where in the frame i would need to mount it, probaly up just above the crank but then my new chain to the rear sproket will be as long as the other one... just a tad dangerous....

Hey Chris,

In a rush this morn, another tricycle to fix up.

Not enough time to look for a GEBE picture that I saw nearly matching your red bike to a "tee".

But here's a low riding recumbent with a 33 cc engine, which is recommended for your weight class.

21_richardbike22_1.jpg

Back