• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Greetings from Colorado

L

Large Filipino

I've been lurking here for some time and in about a month am planning on getting that 80cc Chineese motor for my Schwinn.

I think your site is awesome and I am so stoked about getting this kit,and I'm already a step ahead for I think I've already read most everything here and you guys seem very cool.

I think my only real obstacle is the fact that that front down tube on that bike is pretty thick,but I think with longer hardware it shouldn't pose much of a problem.

I'm 41 years old,married 20 years next month and own 5 cars and have tinkered with motorcycles in the past and don't currently own one.
So why the interest? I'm recently recovering from a quintuple bypass operation which saved my life for I quit all my bad habits. I don't smoke no more,I lost almost 40 pounds and I ride my bike every night when it's cool out.

I've always wanted to own a motorized bicycle. Then when I discovered this relatively cheap price on a high displacement one that can get you past 30 mph,I just can't contain myself.

This is mid life crisis. It has to be.

L

Large Filipino

I'm not allowed to post any pics yet. I'll get the pic up when they will.

I do have one really stupid question for I never owned anything that's a two stroke.
This whole mixing oil with gas thing. Are they talking about straight engine oil or is it a special blend two stroke oil made for mixing into gas?

spunout

Welcome to MBc 8) . nice intro. glad you're here. Say 'hi' to Fort Collins for me :p .
Normally, we dont answer tech/mech questions in the intro lobby (lots of info gets lost here), so may i suggest you take a peek at the 'Stickys' at the tops of the forum lobbys...they'll point you in the right direction to find answers to just about anything. 8) 8)
Happy :mrgreen:
PS-congrats on the healthy lifestyle changes...tobacco is still a major hurdle for me
PPS-dont tell anyone i told you, but yes...two-stroke oil to mix w/gas ;)

L

Large Filipino

Cool! I can post pics now!

What do y'all think? Would it be not too hard?

azbill

welcome to MBc
I like the color of that schwinn ! :D 8)
it might be a tight fit , but should be ok

L

locoWelder

welcome to MBc 8) I like that color but will a motor fit that frame?

L

Large Filipino

locoWelder said:
welcome to MBc 8) I like that color but will a motor fit that frame?
Looking at all these other bikes I would say I may have to bring it up a little higher. Probably relocate the carb..maybe it may fit.
That front downtube is thick but it's oval instead of round. The clamp may actually work with just longer bolts.

I like the way this Schwinn has that rear wheel. Looks like I can move that wheel around some;hopefully chain fitment won't be a hassle.

It's an aluminum frame so it's pretty light.

I am a little afraid of scratching up my paint,and that tensioner to me looks pretty fugly.

I may go with a cheaper bike for a first build.

Thanks for the kind words!

Q

quay1962

hi

hi and welcome to the group...cool cruiser and cool color too! Good luck on your install, start a thread in picture gallery and there you can show us your build if ya like...happy motoring!
:D :cool: