Greetings from Colorado

Oh you bet!

I can't wait till I get enough money.

My wife already gave me the o.k!

(That's important,you know.)

I don't think I've felt this way since I was 15 going on 16 waiting to get behind the wheel of a car.

The anticipation is killing me!

Life is grand.

the schwinn you have is called "The Ruler" l have seen these at costco and was interested in purchasing but l did the measurements and the engine would not fit without modification. also l like the orange paint and black pinstripping on the bike, the springer front end is awsome . looks way kewl. anyways good luck with your project and welcome to the MBc.............. :cool:

Nice bike

Ya, I do not know man that bike is cool, but I am having some serious concerns for you squeezing an engine in there. It might not fit. I would be afraid of the level of modifications that would have to be made. What about an engine on the back?

325_8606_1_1.jpg

325_0187_1_1.jpg

here are some of the rack mount bikes, if your interested have a look at
rack mount post, good luck :cool:

Yup. I bought it at Costco.
I wanted that chineese engine due to the price....it may actually be a relief that it won't fit for this bike is so smooth and pedals real easy.
I'm gonna find another bike....I'm bummed for I wanted that on that springer,man!
That rear mount to me looks too added on. I was gonna paint that engine black to match the rims and was gonna make it look almost stock.
The physical motor is too large,huh. Even the 48cc?

Time to scope out the garage sales!

I'm gonna get that engine anyway...imagine if I can make it work.
I like a challenge.
It would rule!

Hey LF-

After you get up and running, you could tie a pink bow around the Costco bike, add a rack mount (painting the cover yellow) and make it a gift to the wife !! 8)

Make it fit

I do not know about trying to fit that in there. Probably way to much trouble for what it is worth. It would look cool though. What about one of those russian engines on e-bay are they smaller? The one on the back does look added on. Even if you did paint it yellow. See if the russian engine is smaller. Good luck if you try to squeeze it in there.

It's that oval downtube. Checking it side by side against bikes in this forum and that oval downtube goes up and out from the bottom instead of out and up,if that makes any sense.
Well,I can always look for another cruiser frame and paint it orange (yea. That's right. Retro.) or leave my beloved alone and find a mountain bike. Craiglists has them for 30 bucks.
Then maybe getting the chain lined up would be easier for the pedal chain would have give for it's under tension.
Then again,I do have this trike laying around the house.
MMmmmmm....

2619_100_0008_copy_1.jpg

I really should cut my lawn today....nawww. :D

Now how to get a large gear in there...

2619_100_0009_copy_1.jpg

Back