greetings from erie, PA

S

skatingsamurai

hey everyone, my name is steve and im from pittsburgh but go to school at edinboro university. im looking for some cheap transportation and i think i found what im looking for. i have been outfitting my SCHWINN Moab for the winter and i decided to motorize it. i def. would like to get a frame mounted 4 stroke engine and have been searching. there seems to be some discrepancies about the quality of products and some price issues. price isnt much of an issue with me because its going to pay it self off in short time. :D i was considering the dax 4 stroke kit, but its not frame mounted. so

1 what company offers a GOOD frame mounted 4 stroke kit ? (at least 35mph)

2 and will a 4 stroke kit inlude a Bottom bracket OR crank set that will Fit my schwinn moab?? its from around 2001 so its a newer bike

thanks
steve

my bike

just so everyone is on the same page

i should also mention that i need to buy within the next couple days so if anyone could help that would be awsome!

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MBc. Read the forum section like Frame Mounte Engines. Post there and I am sure somebody will be more than glad to assist you. From the Giant Side of Texas!

Welcome to MBc. You might have some technical issues to overcome. I believe the 4-strokes generally have a pull-start. That may make it too wide for some aplications. But you might find an answer in the frame mount section.

Welcome to MBc.

Most 4 stroke kits I have seen come with wide cranks either one piece or three piece. That bike has three piece cranks. do a search in Frame mount and I am sure your questions will be answered.

Back