Greetings from Homosassa, Florida - the Homosassa Viking

H

Homosassa Viking

Hi everybody - I'm the proud owner of two (yeah, count 'em) Chinese 80cc bikes: a Huffy Cranbrook one-speed coaster brake cruiser and a Schwinn StingRay chopper. I put the Huffy together back in early February 2007 - have ridden it over 300 miles to date (late April). The StingRay is a work in progress - gonna be a real treat for my grandson when he comes to visit for the Summer!
I'm up loading a few pictures which might help explain "Homosassa Viking"...
Sure hope this BB turns out as well as it seems now at the start.
Glad to be here, :cool:
H.V.

I hate to state the obvious here, but you're the guy that helps sponsor those motor kits on ebay! Howdy, and welcome.

i'm gonna need to see the pics, i admit i'm at a loss about the viking stuff :LOL:

hi, Homosassa Viking, welcome to MBc 8)

270113512418 ebay#

122_trialbyfire_1.jpg

welcome Gunnar

Homosassa Viking hey ur the guy i baught my motor from.lol hey thanks it rocks :D

cheezis said:
I hate to state the obvious here, but you're the guy that helps sponsor those motor kits on ebay! Howdy, and welcome.

You're right! I bought the powerkingshop kit, found their instructions totally lacking, wrote my own, took pics and sent it all along with permission to use it all. Got nothing for my effort - except to help the next folks out a bit. It must have worked: they've sold out and are now taking eBay orders for delivery after May 1st! I've gotten both my kits from powerkingshop/justblissful (all the same outfit) on eBay.

Thatsdax dot com, on the other hand, has the best generic instructions and replacement parts out there. The owner seems to be a swell guy with lots of knowledge about his 50 and 70 cc kits. I like his replacement clutch lever - have one on each of my bikes - and have bought several more for other kit builders around here.

I draw quite a bit of attention bustassin up the highway on the way to morning coffee with my buddies - sporting my viking Horned War Bonnet. It must be quite a sight for the driver who comes up alongside me in the morning fog! I get a few beeps, whistles, laughs - and, once in a while, the traditional one-finger wave! Probably from a doomed SITCOM on the way to a drudge job! (SITCOM: Single Income Two Children Oppressive Mortgage)

I have fun in my retirement! :cool:

later,
Gunnar Erickson
the Homosassa Viking

Dig the verb "bustassin". Gonna have to use that one. Welcome! Don't you ever get tired of people commenting on the helmet? I'm all about being different, I just get tired of people asking "why do you do that" with a "duh" look whenever I do things out of the ordinary. Makes me want to be invisible. I envy the people that can do their own thing from the mild to the wild and keep a good attitude about people staring and saying dumb things. I like to be different but at the same time I don't like to get too much attention. Know what I mean?

Back