Greetings from Indiana

Motormaker

Local time
10:03 PM
Hello all. I have been at this motored bike thing for a few months now. I have built 2 that I am ok with. And several others that didn't work well enough to suit me. I tinker a lot.

Last edited:
Here ya go
DSCF0001-4-1.jpg

This is a 26-inch " La Jolla cruiser" from Wal-Mart. I chose it for it's coaster brakes and no cables, gear changers etc. I like a clean look. It is an aluminum frame, which is a bonus. I used a 3.5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine. A go-kart style centrifugal clutch was used with #35 chain. The "side pusher" type design track's very well. The small tire takes all the weight of the engine so it doesn't feel heavy when riding.
DSCF0004-6-1.jpg

These photos were taken before I installed a twist grip mini-bike throttle and a handle bar mounted kill switch.
DSCF0002-3-1.jpg

The motor assembly pivots where it mounts to the bike. You lean to turn just like a normal bike with two wheels. The wheel-motor will move in a scissor type action as you lean.
DSCF0006-4-1.jpg

The bike will let you know if you take off to aggressively. The lack of weight on the drive tire will cause it to buck and bounce wildly. However if you give it 4 or 5 quick turns of the pedals then keep a light hand on the throttle she will buzz along at about 24 mph for miles and miles. MM

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this online a long time ago. I liked the Idea. So I started refining it. What you see is my third try at this "side pusher"style.
bikesidepusher-1.jpg

bikesidepusher2-1.jpg

As you can see "same concept" yet very different. MM

Cool. Welcome to MBc. Good to see something different. Does it disconnect easily so you can use the bike by itself?

Hey Motormaker,
Where did you get your longer throttle cable from? I just ordered some mini bike parts to put together a bike pusher and the vendor didn't have long enough cable.By the way,cool set-up you have there....

Tim

Back