Greetings from Indiana

{BikeMan}I bought a replacement shifter cable for a bike. It was long enough to work. But I would like to find a longer one so I could route it differently. {Dadkins}The top speed is dictated by the governed rpm of the engine,Drive tire diameter and the fact that I only have one "gear". With 3.5 hp if used properly, efficiently, you could probably do 60 mph. It is geared very low much lower than it needs to be. Maybe I'll try one of those comet-clutch split pulley drives! ;)

Home Depot sells 1/16 and 1/8 diam. galvinized cable by the foot. If you've got the housing laying arround, tape and shrink wrap two pieces together. For the cable stop (ball on end of cable), Home Depot sells crimpable cable ties. They also have Aluminum welding sticks. Use the aluminum because it's galvanized cable your putting the ball on!

i built? one today. it was a boreem goped. i cut the frame, square tubing + motor mount + rear drive and wheel, drilled a hole through the sq. tubing and ran a bolt and spacer through supplied hole in swing arm of occ chopper then hooked up throttle and rode away. total time 1 hr.. thanks motormaker. total cost 85 bucks, occ 60, boreem 25.

Hi Motormaker, There are a few of us on the push trailer thread who are admiring your setup and are thinking of doing similar designs. I hope your okay with us adding to your already great ingenuity. Since you have been using it for sometime now, is there anything that you would change that might help us out in ours.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, from NW Indiana

I'm late to this party, but welcome from a fellow Hoosier.

If you ever see the below cruising by, it's me.

Attachments

• Bike-9-28 133.jpg
    Bike-9-28 133.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 341
Back